The carnivore diet is a radical approach to health and nutrition. Based entirely on meat and fat, no plants are required. That means no vegetables, fruit, or herbs and spices. Removing all the fiber may sound good in theory but what does that look like on a plate day in and day out?
I want to help you make the most of your carnivore diet recipes by showing how easy it is to make zero-fiber meals and thrive on animal-based nutrition. As a firm believer in quick prep, family-friendly meals, I’m all about maximizing nutrition and getting results while minimizing the time spent in the kitchen. Steaks are amazing, but don’t stop there!
Easy Carnivore Recipes
Of all the diets out there, the carnivore diet has the simplest approach to meal prep. With so much out of the picture, we can focus in on the parts that really matter for our health: animal protein and fats.
Follow these easy carnivore recipes and you’ll be cooking clean, health-promoting foods from scratch at home in no time!
- How to Render Beef Tallow – Learn how to render beef fat at home and use it as a carnivore diet staple for cooking, searing, and sauteing meat.
- Easy Chicken Wings (Oven Baked) – Perfect for a low-prep lunch or dinner, these Easy Chicken Wings are crispy and finger-licking good!
- Traditional Pemmican Recipe – A good Pemmican Recipe makes the ultimate carnivore “protein bar”, perfect for backpacking, camping and long-term food storage.
- Homemade Pickled Eggs – Pickled eggs used to be popular bar food. Little nutrient-dense finger foods were often found in jars on the bar countertop ready to be served out as a healthy, natural snack. Now you can make this treat in your own home!
Carnivore Diet Recipes with Ground Beef
Who thinks of ground beef when they think of easy meat based recipes? I know I do!
What ingredient is easier to work with than ground beef? It’s fast to cook, incredibly versatile, widely available and affordable.
With a package of ground beef in hand, little can go wrong. Whip up a carnivore diet recipe with ground beef for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 3-Ingredient Carnivore Scotch Eggs – Crispy, greasy Keto Scotch Eggs are loaded with protein and make a great appetizer or main portion of the meal. This pork-free version has only 3-ingredients! Serve hot, pack into a picnic, or store in the fridge to use throughout the week.
Carnivore Diet Recipes with Liver and Organ Meats
On the coattails of paleo and keto, the growing popularity of a nose to tail carnivore diet and celebration of organ meats resurrects this affordable and practical style of eating.
For beginners, I recommend making liver the first organ meat you try. Liver pate is an easy recipe that goes down smoothly. Read All you need to know about Liver Pate on a Carnivore Diet and my Buyer’s Guide to Liver to get started!
- Organ Meat Pie (Carnivore Quiche) – Organ meats are some of the most affordable meats and happen to also be some of the most nutritious parts too. This nourishing combination of ground beef, liver and heart baked into a meat pie is simple and satiating.
- Slow-Cooked Organ Meat Stew – Slow cooked organ meat stew is a delicious recipe and very budget friendly too. It is easy to make and great for beginning as well as advanced nose to tail eaters.
- Dairy Free Ox Liver Pate – Dairy-free liver pate with ox liver is an amazing side dish sure to wow dinner guests as well as your own taste buds!
- The Easiest Beef Kidney Recipe Ever – You’ll be mind blown by how good this easy beef kidney recipe for keto and carnivore diets is! If you want to eat more nose to tail, this 3-step stovetop dish is a great way to normalize the presence of nutrient-dense organ meats in your home.
- Easy Beef Heart Carnivore Meatballs – Ultra-simple carnivore style meatballs are made with 3 ingredients in 4 easy steps and packed with zinc, selenium, B vitamins, and CoQ10.
- Chicken Liver Pate – Make an easy chicken liver pate recipe with no alcohol as an ultra-smooth and creamy appetizer or side dish. Every bite is packed with flavor and great nutrition!
- How to Cook Liver without Flour – Crustless Mini Meat Pies with hidden liver are the perfect nutrient-dense addition to breakfast or lunch. Pack them in a lunchbox or keep in the fridge, they pair well with everything. It’s a great way to get your liver in without any unusual taste, texture, or appearance.
- Classic Beef Liver Pate Recipe – Liver pate is an elegant way to boost your nutrient density with a super delicious delivery.
- Grass-Fed Beef Liver Chips – Thin crunchy zero-carb chips made from grass-fed beef liver are perfect for satisfying your need for something crunchy but come with a super nutritional boost!
- Homemade Pemmican with Organ Meats – Homemade pemmican is the ultimate protein bar! Made in the traditional style of multiple North American Indian tribes, pemmican is extremely nutrient-dense, lightweight, and shelf-stable.
Carnivore Diet Recipes with Bone Broth
Bone broth is a staple many of us were making long before we dipped our toes into the world of carnivore eating. If you have a history with keto or paleo, it’s likely you already have your broth making dialed in.
If you don’t yet know how to transform a pot of bones into a deeply nourishing, gut-healing, immune-boosting elixir, now is the time to learn. Start by reading The Ultimate Guide to Bone Broth, then try all the recipes in this section.
There are so many soups, stews, and sauces to make with broth. It’s also great for braising meat and just sipping hot!
- Beef Bone Broth in 5 Easy Steps – Nourish your body with a slow-cooked Beef Bone Broth rich with immune-supporting, gut-healing properties.
- “Endless” Homemade Bone Broth – A warm and nourishing “Endless” bone broth recipe dedicated to all y’all that can’t get enough of homemade bone broth!
- Crockpot Bone Broth – Make this easy carnivore staple in your crockpot with minimal prep and clean up. Set it and forget it, until you start smelling your golden and delicious prize within!
- How to Make Fish Stock – Fish stock is loaded with DHA and happens to be the most inexpensive, and the quickest broth to make! A win-win-win-win situation.
- Quick and Easy Carnivore Egg Drop Soup – A quick and nourishing soup for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Use broth, eggs, and salt to adapt for a strict carnivore approach.
Slow Cooked Carnivore Diet Recipes
Crockpot and slow cooked meals can be such time savers, not to mention they taste delicious and bring a sense of comfort and warmth to the meal.
Searing the meat in beef tallow before adding it to the pot will help bring out more flavor.
Tough, hard-working muscles make the best choices for slow cooking. They need low heat over a long period of time to break down the college and connective tissues. Cuts like chuck, brisket, and shank are excellent options. Plus, they are all very budget-friendly!
- Easy Braised Beef Shank – Follow a 4-step process to slow-cook Easy Braised Beef Shank to perfection. Tender, collagen-rich meat, falling off the bone, makes an affordable, nourishing meal at any time of the year!
- Easy Beef Stew – This collagen-rich, super meaty beef stew is slow-cooked in a crockpot. It’s a nourishing meal for lunch or dinner, any day of the week. Let it simmer all day with minimal prep work and you can’t help but feel good about this family and budget-friendly recipe. Follow the modifications to make it suitable for strict carnivore.
Find more in The Carnivore Cookbook!
I wrote my third self-published cookbook to teach all you need to know about preparing and cooking animal foods. With many helpful tips about carnivory, souring ingredients, and shopping on a budget, this book is a must-read for anyone interested in eating more meat.
- Need someone to teach how to prepare meat?
- Crave variety?
- Want to eat more organ meats?
- Need a source of zero-carb culinary inspiration?
Look no further than The Carnivore Cookbook!
With 100+ recipes made exclusively from animal-based ingredients, this is your all-on-one carnivore recipe guide. If you don’t already have a copy, buy one now!
Carnivore Diet Recipes for Breakfast
Eggs and bacon is the obvious carnivore breakfast choice for many. But what do you do if you don’t eat pork? Or get tired of the same thing every day? Or want to prep a make ahead meal to last during the week?
Try one of these recipes and start your day with a nourishing meal of healthy animal foods!
Follow the directions within each recipe post to modify it as a fiber-free zero-carb meal.
- Breakfast Casserole – Serve yourself a simple breakfast casserole and your body will be satisfied with the fats and protein for hours! It’s easy to make and great for meal prepping. Adapt for strict carnivore my omitting the non-animal food ingredients.
- Breakfast Lasagna – Serve as a warm breakfast and enjoy cold leftovers for lunch. This cheesy carnivore friendly breakfast lasagna is great for the whole family!
- 3-Cheese Carnivore Omelette – A delicious cheese omelette full of healthy fats and protein!
Make the Carnivore Diet Simple with our Printable Guides!
Carnivore Diet Recipes for Dessert
Are you surprised to see this category? It’s a fun one to explore for those who like a little bit of sweetness every now and then.
One of the great aspects of animal-based nutrition is the way it trains our body to enjoy fatty, savory flavors. This naturally helps remedy overeating, emotional eating, and binge cycles with sugary, ultra-palatable foods. Fuel up on the steaks and you won’t be hungry for the cakes. Steaks over cakes!
Since not everyone is exactly the same, some of us may be able to handle a carnivore style dessert on occasion and not get totally bent out of shape. If your goal is to gain weight you may consider using honey as a sweetener and source of carbohydrates.
- No Bake Carnivore Cheesecake for One – Make it in less than 10 minutes from start to finish! What a simple, satisfying dessert to enjoy after dinner – no crust, no bake, no fuss! Plus the recipe is zero fiber and almost zero carb too.
- No Bake Crustless Eggnog Cheesecake – Enjoy this ultra-creamy spicy no bake eggnog cheesecake pudding with grass-fed gelatin! It’s sugar-free and great for keto carnivore dieters.
- Peppermint Custard with Gelatin – A minty fresh Peppermint Custard is satisfyingly sweet and refreshing on a hot afternoon! With less than 10 ingredients, you can make an easy and flavorful keto carnivore dessert any day of the week.
Keto Carnivore Recipes
Keto carnivore recipes are “carni-curious” meat-based recipes with a small about of plant-based ingredients. Whenever I use herbs, spices, and vegetables, I always choose low oxalate foods.
You may not want to go full carnivore right away. In that case, these recipes are a good introduction and will help you transition over time.
Many people find they are able to reintroduce certain foods successfully after a period of strict carnivore. As a functional elimination diet, carnivore is a great reset but it doesn’t mean you have to eat animal products exclusively forever.
Depending on your conditions, autoimmune reactions, and own personal desire you may be able to eat a small to moderate amount of plant foods without any negative reaction. The key is learning which specific foods trigger flare ups and which ones are benign.
For more keto meal ideas, take a look through my complete collection of easy keto recipes.
- Easy Cheeseburger Pie – This easy cheeseburger pie is perfect for a low-stress dinner any day of the week! Flavored with simple everyday ingredients, it is sure to be a new family favorite. Plus, you probably already have these budget-friendly ingredients on hand in your fridge right now.
- Keto Chicken Liver Pate (with Carnivore Option) – This easy keto chicken liver pate recipe with no alcohol is ultra-smooth and creamy. Every bite is packed with flavor and great nutrition! Make this as an appetizer when you really want to wow your guests!
- Homemade Carnivore Eggnog (with a Non-Alcoholic Option) – This carnivore friendly eggnog recipe is a great sugar-free alternative to the traditional holiday beverage. Spike it with bourbon or keep it non-alcoholic, either way, Homemade Keto Eggnog is one of the best winter drinks and so easy to make!
- Bunless Burgers with Dill Yogurt Sauce (and Hidden Beef Heart) – Ground beef heart takes a simple low-carb bunless burger recipe to the next level. Flavored up with a quick prep sour yogurt and tangy dill sauce this meal is sure to be a summertime hit!
- Keto Meatza – Decide if you like it cheesy or dairy-free. Keto Meatza is a delicious keto carnivore dinner meal made from ground beef and optional ground beef heart. Skip the gluten-free crust if you prefer.
- Keto Burgers with Onion Pan Sauce – Dish these savory and juicy keto burger patties anytime you need a quick lunch or dinner with a few choice plant-based ingredients.
Shop our Favorite Carnivore Foods
Printable Carnivore Recipes
All of the recipes on my site have a printable recipe card inserted at the end of each individual post. Click on any hyperlinked recipe above and you’ll be directed to the specific page with more details and directions.
My posts also have a “Jump to Recipe” navigation button at the top for quickly going straight down to the printable card. Be sure to go back up and read the post text too, I share helpful recipe tips, things I’ve learned, and clarify important parts about the recipe.
I rely on easy staple recipes like these to keep my whole family healthy and strong. Cooking carnivore with a family isn’t hard. Everyone eats the meat and some of the family has vegetables and fruit on the side.
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter in the opt-in box above to stay in touch and get all the newest recipes and diet tips delivered straight to your inbox.
THRIVE with Animal-Based Nutrition!
Join our private membership for coaching and motivation, plus ongoing inspiration from like-minded people seeking to improve their health!
Do you need help dialing in your specific situation? Learn more about our private and group keto & carnivore diet coaching options to see how you can benefit from our custom approach and view on holistic health.
You are now fully prepared to succeed with a carnivore diet. There’s no excuse because you don’t know what to make or think the menu is boring. All the inspiration and variety you need is right here!
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes. With a focus on from scratch, homemade cooking, animal-based nutrition, and easy DIY beauty and personal care recipes, there’s always something new going on in her kitchen! Jessica will teach you exactly how to thrive with all the best ingredients and enjoy the journey along the way.