Beef liver pate is a classic appetizer for any time of the year. For many nose-to-tail eating is uncharted territory. However, this is one of my easy keto recipes you don’t want to miss!
Benefits of Eating Organ Meats
Organs are highly concentrated sources of nutrition. For example, the health benefits of liver are almost off the charts!
Because they are still relatively underappreciated, you can usually find them at quite affordable prices (sometimes free!).
There are many options that add variety to your diet.
I am overjoyed to see how many more people embrace the benefits of organ meats now than I did back in 2013 when we started promoting it publicly.
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
How to Serve a Classic Beef Liver Pate
Like any good dip or pate, you need some dip-ables!
If you follow a keto diet, choose your favorite low-carb veggie stick or cracker. If you do well with carbs, break out the sourdough French bread!
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Serve pate with:
- Just a spoon (my personal favorite)
- Crispy bacon slices
- Fresh slices of cucumber
- Celery sticks (assuming no oxalate sensitivity)
- Baked vegetable chips
- Grilled vegetables
- Other quick and easy low carb, keto snacks
Liver pate is one of my go-to keto appetizers for a crowd.
If you prefer cooking without dairy, try this Dairy Free Ox Liver Pate recipe instead.
Or maybe chicken liver is more your style? If so, try this alcohol-free Chicken Liver Pate Recipe (with Carnivore diet option).
Fiber Free aka “Carnivore”
Serve a la louche (by the spoon), with bacon as a dipper, or on the side of your meat.
If you’re looking for more delicious zero-fiber recipes, you’ll find over 100 recipes made from just the essentials: animal protein and fats in my Carnivore Cookbook!
THRIVE with Animal-Based Nutrition!
Join our private membership for weekly coaching calls, and accountability, plus ongoing inspiration from like-minded people seeking to improve their health!
Classic Beef Liver Pate
- Food processor
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet. Add finely minced garlic and cook on medium-high until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the connective tissue off of the liver and slice to thin strips. Add beef liver to pan, increase to high heat. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Sear liver for 60 seconds on each side.
- Remove liver from heat and let cool, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. While blending/pureeing, add the remaining butter and cream (if using). Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, remove from blender and put in ramekins or a glass container and cover tightly. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight (preferred) to harden and let flavors meld.
- Serve with cucumber, celery, bacon or just a spoon.
Classic Beef Liver Pate by primaledgehealth on Jumprope.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes. With a focus on from scratch, homemade cooking, animal-based nutrition, and easy DIY beauty and personal care recipes, there’s always something new going on in her kitchen! Jessica will teach you exactly how to thrive with all the best ingredients and enjoy the journey along the way.