Your whole family will love this Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole because it’s a drool-worthy combination of cheesy chicken, broccoli, and bacon. And you will love it because it’s made in one pan and ready in 20 minutes using only 6 main ingredients. This is an easy low-carb chicken dinner you don’t want to miss!
Between this recipe, Slow-Cooker Crack Chicken, and Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole, you’ll have all the no-fail dinner recipes you need for a week.
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Having prepped chicken on hand makes low-carb dinners super easy. This recipe takes boring leftover chicken and transforms it into something delightful and comforting. You can also cook it on the spot if you don’t already have chicken in the fridge.
Healthy recipes do not have to be bland, this keto dinner is exciting and family-friendly comfort food at its best. With all-time favorites like chicken, bacon, Ranch seasoning, and cheese, your family will devour this in minutes!
My favorite part is the sour cream Ranch dressing. There’s something so dreamy about a luscious and tangy Ranch dressing paired with chicken, smoky bacon, and tender broccoli. It’s the flavorful star of this recipe and essential for keeping the casserole from drying out during cooking.
But the best part about this recipe is how effortlessly this comes together. The preparation could not be easier. Assembling this cheesy casserole literally takes 5 minutes if you have all the ingredients prepped ahead of time. And only a little longer if you’re starting from scratch.
So next time you have leftover chicken, remember this easy dinner idea. Toss it with delicious flavors and pop it in the oven for a kid-friendly dinner that will become your favorite too.
How to Make Keto Chicken Ranch Casserole
Gather 6 main ingredients, and you’re halfway to making a keto bacon ranch chicken in just 20 minutes!
This cheesy casserole is a great dish to prepare ahead of time, then pop it in the oven when ready to eat. It comes together quickly with chicken, bacon, broccoli, and lots of flavor from the ranch dressing and cheese.
Ingredients for Keto Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken breast – cubed or shredded cooked chicken is the quickest and easiest option. You can also pan-fry chicken breast on the spot or use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Bacon – cooked and chopped; the easiest way to cook bacon is in the oven, but stovetop bacon works too. Even store-bought bacon bits can do the job (but check the ingredient list to ensure all ingredients are keto-friendly).
- Broccoli florets – gently steamed or cooked; can buy packaged cut broccoli florets or whole broccoli and trim it to smaller pieces; can also use frozen florets.
- Mozzarella cheese – shredded
- Cheddar cheese – shredded
- Ranch dressing – made with sour cream, dried parsley, dried dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper; you may also use olive-oil mayonnaise or thick Greek yogurt as the base for ranch dressing.
Note on keto ranch dressing: You’ll do best by skipping store-bought ranch dressing and dry seasoning packets to avoid hidden ingredients like maltodextrin, monosodium glutamate (MSG), artificial flavors, preservatives, and other unnecessary ingredients. These options are not keto-friendly and processed in a way that compromises their nutritional value.
The good thing is that it takes only a few seconds to whip up a homemade DIY alternative with just a handful of dried herbs.
Mountain Rose Herbs is my #1 choice for organic dried herbs and spices. They have an impressive selection of everything you can think of and top-notch quality. Give them a visit if you need to stock up on your spices!
Substitutions and Variations
This keto casserole is gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, and egg-free. Furthermore, you can adapt keto chicken bacon ranch casserole to suit your diet best. There are several easy ways to modify the recipe and adjust for particular dietary needs.
- Keto Diet – this recipe is already perfectly formulated for low-carb, ketogenic macros
- Carnivore Diet – make this a fiber-free dish by omitting the broccoli; make this strict carnivore by omitting all seasoning except for salt
- Low Oxalate Diet – all ingredients are naturally low-oxalate, nothing to change
- GAPS – almost all ingredients in this chicken bake are naturally GAPS-compliant. Use nitrate-free bacon and replace the mozzarella cheese with additional cheddar cheese.
- Whole30 and Paleo – use coconut yogurt to make dairy-free ranch dressing and omit the cheese.
Follow these simple directions, and you can’t go wrong! This casserole dish comes together in two main steps: mix all ingredients first then bake to golden perfection.
This chicken bake recipe is great for people who like to meal prep staple ingredients ahead of time. If you have ingredients like cubed or shredded chicken, bacon bits, and steamed broccoli ready, it only takes 5 minutes of prep time to toss together in a casserole dish.
However, if you find yourself cooking from scratch, prep is still very quick, but give yourself an additional 15 minutes or so of cooking time.
Note on broccoli: You may have the chicken, bacon, and Ranch ready, but you still need to pre-cook your broccoli. Parboiling broccoli is essential in this recipe as the raw vegetables will not cook through during the baking.
Follow these simple steps to get perfectly tender but not mushy broccoli.
- Cut broccoli: Cut off the florets where they meet at the stalk. Slice the large florets into smaller pieces by cutting through the stems. Do your best to keep similar size florets for even cooking.
- Cook broccoli: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Then, add the broccoli florets and cook, uncovered, until tender, approximately 2-3 minutes depending on size. If using frozen florets, cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain into a colander.
Step One: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Step Two: Mix ingredients
Mix chicken, bacon, broccoli, sour cream, all the seasonings, and ½ cup of each cheese in a medium bowl.
Toss well to combine.
Step Three: Prepare to bake
Transfer to a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Step four: Bake
Bake for 15 minutes until cheese melts and bubbles.
Chicken Broccoli Ranch Casserole Nutritional Info
There are 8 servings of this chicken broccoli casserole.
Each serving contains:
- 363 calories
- 35 g protein
- 22 g fat
- 6 g total carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 4 g net carbs
Please note that the nutritional value will change if you substitute ingredients. Use a nutrition app like My Fitness Pal to recalculate and reflect your changes.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Keto Casserole FAQ
Broccoli and chicken casserole is best when served fresh from the oven. This bake is not a freezer-friendly recipe because of the dairy ingredients, which tend to curdle after freezing and defrosting.
Chicken bacon ranch casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For easy meal prep, you can prepare the casserole ahead of time and store it in individual airtight containers or a casserole dish. Allow it to come to room temperature before baking in the oven.
When properly stored, keto chicken broccoli casserole can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
More Keto Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Keto Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli Bake
- Keto Chicken a la King
- Keto Chicken Francese
- Keto Chicken Paprikash
Loving these flavors and want to try more recipes “ranch” style? Our Easy Keto Crack Dip and Keto Crack Biscuits are other popular crowd pleasers.
Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
- 1 9×13-inch baking dish or casserole dish
- 1 Oven
- 2 pounds chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 16 ounces broccoli florets steamed
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tbsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Mix chicken, bacon, broccoli, sour cream, all the seasonings, and ½ cup of each cheese in a medium bowl. Toss well to combine.2 pounds chicken breast, 8 slices bacon, 16 ounces broccoli florets, ⅓ cup sour cream, 1 tbsp dried parsley, ½ tbsp dried dill weed, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Transfer to a 9×13-inch casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese melts and bubbles.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
4 thoughts on “Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole”
Recipes for me are always a suggestion! And this is a great suggestion (other than broccoli which is the most disgusting vegetable on the planet!) I already defrosted chicken thighs so for tonight I’ll use the mish mash of cheeses in the fridge, a bit of heavy cream and creme fresh, fresh minced garlic and for some color I’ll chop some parsley which I found growing in the back yard (the recent rains must have kicked up some very old seeds!) I may have some sort of mushrooms in the fridge and if I do, I’ll add them, To top it off – crumbled pork rinds for that mac n’ cheese vibe!
You got it Gail! Great modifications here – thanks for sharing them with us! Knowing how to adapt a recipe to best suit your needs, taste, and preferences is a very important skill I hope everyone learns. It’s so practical. Congratulations on the surprise sprouts in your garden, those are always a welcome discovery!
This was a hit! Fed the whole family with plenty to freeze for a meal another night! Delicious casserole 🙂
I don’t eat broccoli often, but this recipe is definitely worth it! Love how forgiving the recipe is. I made mine with yogurt instead of sour cream since that’s what I had on hand.