This keto Philly cheesesteak casserole recipe brings loads of flavor to the table in a quick and easy dinner meal, ready in 30 minutes or less. With five ingredients, plus salt and pepper, this is sure to be a family favorite! Sautéed bell pepper and onion mix with a creamy ground beef filling and bake under a cheesy topping in a delicious weeknight meal.
Table of Contents (click to view)
5 Ingredient Hamburger Casserole
Ground hamburger, check. Five ingredients, check. Baked casserole, check. Awesome dinner ready in a snap? CHECK.
This gluten-free casserole with ground beef is a budget-friendly 30-minute meal packed with all the flavors of a classic Philly cheesesteak.
I find the recipe perfect for cooking at the end of a long day since it’s quick and so comforting. Plus, I know no one will complain once this is on the table. It’s good eating for all.
There are 31 g protein, 34 g fat, and only 5 g net carb per serving, making a filling meal with the perfect keto macros.
If you prefer a quick stovetop skillet version, make a Philly Cheesesteak Skillet instead!
How to Make a Keto Cheesesteak Casserole
Gather a handful of basic ingredients, and you’re halfway to making a 5 ingredient ground beef casserole in 30 minutes or less!
Ground beef – Ground hamburger meat makes this dish cheap and affordable, plus tasty enough the whole family will enjoy!
Bell pepper – I prefer green bell peppers in Philly cheesesteak recipe spin-offs. However, you can also cook with red or yellow peppers, or mix them all together.
Cream cheese – We make this keto Philly cheesesteak casserole with cream cheese because it gives incredible mouthfeel and flavor. Adding a creamy coating to all the ingredients also helps keep them soft and succulent while baking.
Provolone cheese – Another signature feature of Philly cheesecake casserole is the cheesy topping. You’d be missing out if you skipped it entirely, but you can make a substitution with mozzarella, Swiss, or white American cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking apart clumps with a spatula as it cooks.
Reduce heat to medium and add bell pepper and onion to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Continue sautéing for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Add the cream cheese to the pan. Mix well to coat all the ingredients before transferring the meat and vegetable mixture to an 8×8-inch baking dish.
Arrange Provolone cheese in a single layer, overlapping each edge slightly with another piece of cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts and turns golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving warm.
What to Serve with Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
This meal in 30 minutes is extraordinarily versatile when it comes to serving with side dishes. Since it’s meat and cheese heavy, just about any vegetable side dish will complement the savory casserole nicely.
More Keto Casserole Recipes
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Broccoli Casserole
- Keto Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli Bake
- Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Keto Casserole
- Keto Green Bean Hamburger Casserole
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe
- 1 8×8-inch baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking apart clumps with a spatula as it cooks.1 pound ground beef
- Reduce heat to medium and add bell pepper and onion to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Continue sautéing for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are soft.1 medium onion, 1 medium green bell pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the cream cheese to the pan. Mix well to coat all the ingredients before transferring the meat and vegetable mixture to an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Arrange Provolone cheese in a single layer, overlapping each edge slightly with another piece of cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes minutes until cheese melts and turns golden brown on top.4 ounces cream cheese, 6 slices Provolone cheese
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving warm.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
- Keto Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Easy Cheeseburger Pie
- Ground Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
- Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Skillet (Keto, Low-Carb)