Everyone can dig into a cheesy keto casserole. Casseroles are
Each portion is a real meal – substantial and filling. This is a great recipe for weekly meal prep on a keto diet.
I’ve struggled with other approaches to gluten-free, low-carb casseroles. Typically, they end up too light and fluffy (thanks to all the egg and cream cheese combos) to be considered a complete meal on their own. The combination of mushrooms, greens, eggs and cheese in this cheesy keto casserole is kept in perfect balance.
Make cheesy keto casserole stuffed with spinach and mushrooms for breakfast; Save leftovers for a quick lunch or dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
My favorite aspect of a ketogenic diet is being able to feel good on simple recipes without all the bloating, gas, and energy dips that come along with carb-rich foods.
Take the cheesy keto casserole to go in a packed lunch with a can of wild-caught fish and an avocado on the side. It’s easy, it’s quick, and will keep you fueled through a long work day. This is the kind of food that works with you, not against you!
Make a Cheesy Keto Casserole just to your liking
The flavors listed in the recipe below provide a reliable base for you to mix and match other things you have on hand. Keep the proportions relatively the same but feel free to get creative and use up whatever little bits of ingredients you already have on hand. Casseroles, like ketogenic omelets, are excellent recipes to fill with leftovers. Check your fridge, do you have any spare sprigs of fresh herbs, a handful of lonely greens, or leftover veggies?
Substitute Swiss chard with any green like arugula, kale, other low oxalate choice. Add your favorite seasoning to the eggs before baking. Do you like Italian, Mexican or Curry blends? Toss in a teaspoon or two of your favorite mix!
This recipe is easily doubled to fill a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Try more of my easy keto breakfast ideas and leave a comment on your favorite recipe!
Cheesy Keto Casserole | Gluten-Free & Low-Carb
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute with butter in a frying pan over medium heat. While this cooks, chop the chard. Add to the pan after mushrooms are soft, after 5 to 7 minutes. Cook, stirring well for 3 minutes, until greens are soft and bright.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add in the sauteed veggies to the eggs. Mix well and pour into a greased 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and the center is set.
- Serve warm or cold in a packed lunch.