This easy creamy keto chicken Alfredo recipe is a quick, all in one meal for the whole family. Layer chicken, broccoli, Alfredo sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese in a casserole dish, then bake until done, and you’ll have a low-carb dinner ready in 30 minutes or less!
Table of Contents (click to view)
Keto Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Chicken Alfredo was a hard recipe for me to let go of when I started a keto diet back in 2014. After all, it’s everyone’s favorite meal, isn’t it?
The creamy, savory, high-protein and high-fat dish is always a win when there’s a crowd around. What once was a carb-up meal after soccer practice has now become a family-friendly low-carb baked casserole.
Tender chicken smothered with a creamy keto alfredo sauce and delicious broccoli in every bite – it’s what makes this delicious keto chicken alfredo casserole out of this world!
Serve this for a weeknight dinner and score leftovers for lunch the next day or please all the kids next time there’s a pool party. This keto broccoli chicken Alfredo is as versatile as you are.
Serve it over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. Or serve as is for the perfect meal – it’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber, making it a complete one-dish meal!
Plus, like our easy keto chicken cordon bleu, this is the ultimate comfort food for those busy weeknights when you need dinner on the table fast.
How to Make Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Gather a few key ingredients, and you’ll have a low-carb chicken broccoli Alfredo on the table in 30 minutes or less.
You’ll love this cheesy chicken comfort food because it’s quick, easy, and compatible with a meal prep routine. Plus, it’s nut-free and egg-free, so if you have those allergens, this dish is a-ok.
Similar to our Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, this casserole brings wholesome cheesy chicken satisfaction to your table.
Low-Carb Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
Chicken breast – Cook fresh chicken yourself or use a rotisserie chicken from the store. This recipe is a great opportunity to use shredded meal prep chicken or any leftover bits you have on hand.
Seasoning – A generous portion of garlic powder, plus salt and pepper, is all you need for mouthfuls of flavor.
Butter – Only needed if you are cooking chicken. Precooked chicken only needs to be chopped or shredded into smaller pieces before getting layered with broccoli and sauce.
Broccoli – The vegetable of choice in this one-dish casserole meal. You can steam it fresh or use meal prep precooked broccoli. Four cups of trimmed broccoli florets equals about 2 pounds of fresh, untrimmed broccoli or roughly 16 ounces of frozen chopped broccoli. So you can buy fresh broccoli or use a bag of frozen broccoli.
Alfredo sauce – Full of healthy fats, this rich and creamy sauce layers between the ingredients and permeates every bite. I’ll share a recipe with you here, but you can use store-bought sauce if you prefer.
Homemade Alfredo sauce ingredients include:
- Heavy cream
- Ground nutmeg
Mozzarella cheese – One of the best choices for melting, the long strings of melted cheese make this a family-favorite recipe.
Fresh parsley – For a touch of color and nice flavor
Follow these simple directions, and you can’t go wrong!
Cook the chicken, steam the broccoli and then layer with alfredo sauce in a casserole dish. Cover it all with shredded cheese and bake until the cheese melts!
The process is even faster if you meal prep the chicken and broccoli ahead of time.
Step one: Cook chicken
Start by cutting the chicken breast into half inch cubes. Then, toss it in a bowl with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Coat all sides evenly with the seasoning.
Next, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and pan-fry the chicken for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
Laura Fuentes has a great step-by-step tutorial on how to cook chicken pieces in a pan. If this is a new method for you, I suggest reviewing the directions first. It’s very easy, but the visuals can be helpful.
Step two: Steam broccoli
While the chicken cooks, begin trimming the broccoli and cut it into florets (just the top part, with minimal stalk). Steam broccoli until tender for about six minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step three: Make Alfredo sauce
While the broccoli steams, begin preparing the Alfredo sauce. If you are using store-bought sauce, jump down to the next step.
Simmer the garlic in butter in a small saucepan for two minutes until fragrant. Mix in cream. Slowly add the parmesan and stir continuously until it’s a thick, uniform sauce. Finally, season with nutmeg, remove from heat and set aside.
Step four: Assemble and bake
Put the chicken bake together by spreading one-half cup of Alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer half the cooked chicken with half of the steamed broccoli arranged over it.
Then, spoon one cup of Alfredo sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle one cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
Repeat the process for a second layer with all the remaining chicken, broccoli, sauce, and shredded cheese. Garnish with parsley and place under the broiler in the oven for five minutes on high until the cheese melts, bubbles, and begins turning golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving warm.
Leftover keto Alfredo chicken bake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Nutritional Info for Keto Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
There are eight servings of this keto chicken Alfredo broccoli bake.
Each serving contains:
- 565 calories
- 38 g protein
- 38 g fat
- 7 g total carbs
- 1 g fiber
- 6 g net carbs
Please note that the nutritional value will change if you substitute ingredients. Use a nutrition app to recalculate and reflect your changes.
Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake with Broccoli FAQ
Generally speaking, Alfredo sauce is keto-friendly. The traditional recipe is naturally low-carb and high-fat, which makes it perfect for keto macros. However, you do need to avoid wheat-based noodles and can’t eat Alfredo sauce with pasta. If buying a store-bought sauce, check the ingredient list and confirm that they are all real food ingredients with minimal to no preservatives.
There is an average of 6 g total carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, and 6 g net carb in a one cup portion of Alfredo sauce.
Per 1 cup of chicken Alfredo with pasta noodles, there is a whopping 56 g total carbohydrate with 2.5 g fiber. That’s 53.5 g net carb in just a cup. Considering that a restaurant portion is likely more than one cup, the carbs will add up quickly. However, in this low-carb version, there are only 7 g total carb, 1 g fiber, and 6 g net carb per serving.
More One Dish Casserole Dinners
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole with Hamburger
- Keto Green Bean Hamburger Casserole
- Cheesy Keto Casserole
Keto Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli Recipe
For the casserole bake
- Start by cutting the chicken breast into ½-inch cubes. Then, toss it in a bowl with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Coat all sides evenly with the seasoning.2 pounds chicken breast, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and pan-fry the chicken for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.2 tablespoons butter
- While the chicken cooks, begin trimming the broccoli and cut it into florets (just the top part, with minimal stalk). Steam broccoli until tender for about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.4 cups broccoli
- While the broccoli steams, begin preparing the Alfredo sauce. If you are using store-bought sauce, jump down to the next step.Simmer the garlic in butter in a small saucepan for 2 minutes until fragrant. Mix in cream. Slowly add the parmesan and stir continuously until it's a thick, uniform sauce. Finally, season with nutmeg, remove from heat and set aside.2 cups Alfredo sauce, ¼ cup butter, 2 cloves garlic, 1 ⅓ cup heavy cream, 3 cups Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put the chicken bake together by spreading ½ cup of Alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer half the cooked chicken with half of the steamed broccoli arranged over it. Then, spoon 1 cup of Alfredo sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Repeat the process for a second layer with all the remaining chicken, broccoli, sauce, and shredded cheese. Garnish with parsley and place under the broiler in the oven for 5 minutes on high until the cheese melts, bubbles, and begins turning golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving warm.2 tablespoons parsley
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.