Our keto lemonade recipe is a refreshing drink that will quench your thirst without the added sugar in traditional lemonade. It’s made with fresh lemon juice, water, and a touch of your favorite keto sweetener. This easy homemade lemonade is a great option for those on the keto diet. So if you want to stay hydrated on a hot day without the heavy carbs, make this drink today!
Table of Contents (click to view)
Keto Lemonade Recipe
Summer is a fantastic time to enjoy refreshing, healthy recipes that beat the heat. And the good news is that you can still stay on track with your healthy eating goals while doing it.
And what could be better than including this refreshing summer drink on hot summer days?
But before we get to the easy sugar-free lemonade recipe, remember to check out other summer favorites like these tuna zoodles with lemon and dill, lamb gyros with tzatziki sauce, and sugar-free lemon bars.
These tasty keto recipes would make an excellent accompaniment to the refreshing lemon drink.
Yes, you can still enjoy good food while being sugar-free and low-carb!
If you have not tried a refreshing cup of lemonade on a hot sweltering day, that needs to change today.
There’s nothing like cooling down to a delightful, thirst-quenching drink. And even better if it has no high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners but comes with health benefits and won’t derail your ketogenic diet plan.
Homemade lemonade has a perfect balance of tangy lemons and sweetness without any added sugars. This is an easy recipe you can make in minutes with only three simple ingredients.
It satisfies your taste buds for something subtly sour and deliciously sweet. Plus, it’s low in carbs, making it an excellent addition to your keto lifestyle.
This keto lemonade is not only refreshing but also packed with nutrients. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which may support your immune system and help fight inflammation. Plus, it can aid in digestion and detoxification.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this keto lemonade recipe, and enjoy a guilt-free, refreshing drink while staying on track with your keto lifestyle.
How to Make Keto Lemonade
Gather a few simple ingredients, combine them in a pitcher, and cool down to an ice-cold glass of lemonade in less than 10 minutes.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemons yield the best results in drinks like a lemon drop martini and lemonade, where lemon juice is the key ingredient. You can use bottled lemon juice for convenience, but real lemons will give you the best flavor.
- Filtered water – This is the main liquid component used to dilute the lemon juice and make this summer drink more hydrating.
- Low-carb liquid sweetener – Used to sweeten the keto-friendly lemonade without the added carbohydrates, which makes it suitable for a keto diet. My favorite sweetener is a liquid monk fruit because it mixes in easily and quickly and doesn’t leave an odd aftertaste. You can save 20% by using the coupon code PRIMALEDGEHEALTH at checkout.
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you certainly can! Mix the lemon juice, water and sweetener together, then keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Toss some ice cubes in a glass and pour in the lemonade when you’re ready.
Save any leftover lemonade in ice cube trays in the freezer. Once frozen, you can pop them out and add to a cup of sun-brewed tea or use them in a thick and creamy blueberry smoothie.
Substitutions and Variations
The best part about this low carb lemonade recipe is that with slight modifications, you can tailor it to suit your diet best and fit your lifestyle. The key to this fresh lemonade recipe is to use a liquid sweetener that complies with your dietary goals.
Check out these easy ways to modify the recipe and adjust for particular dietary needs:
- Paleo diet – Swap out the low-carb sweetener with maple syrup or raw honey.
- GAPS – Use raw honey instead of sugar-free sweetener.
Our version is naturally low-carb, keto, dairy-free, low-fiber, low-oxalate, and keto carnivore-friendly.
Follow these easy directions, and you can’t go wrong!
Step 1: Stir
Pour the lemon juice and water into a large pitcher, and stir together.
Step 2: Sweeten
Next, add the liquid sweetener and stir to combine, ensuring the sweetener is fully dissolved and mixed in well. Taste and adjust as desired.
Step 3: Pour
Pour over ice cubes in a tall glass and serve cold. Garnish with fresh mint leaves or lemon slices to the pitcher or in individual drinks.
In an optional last step, you can freeze your leftovers. This step is optional but a fun way to enjoy this refreshing drink. Freeze leftover lemonade in ice cube trays and add to a glass of still or sparkling water later.
Besides the traditional lemonade in a tall glass garnished with fresh mint, consider these ways to enjoy this drink:
- Frozen Lemonade: Blend keto lemonade with ice to create a lemonade slushy.
- Lemonade Cocktails: Add tequila or other spirits to create a refreshing cocktail.
- Lemonade Ice Tea: Mix lemonade with iced tea for a delicious beverage.
- Lemonade Ice Cubes: Use the frozen cubes of lemonade to add them to a green smoothie or other refreshing drinks.
- On-the-Go: Pour it into the best water bottle and take it with you out the door.
Nutritional Information for Keto Lemonade Recipe
There are four servings of this low-carb lemonade recipe.
Each serving contains:
- 7 calories
- 1g protein
- 1g fat
- 2g total carbs
- 1g fiber
Please note that the nutritional value will change if you substitute ingredients. Use a nutrition app to recalculate and reflect your changes.
Keto Lemonade Recipe FAQ
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you certainly can! Mix the lemon juice, water, and sweetener, then keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Stir well before serving, as the sweetener may settle at the bottom of the pitcher. Toss some ice cubes in a glass and pour in the lemonade when ready.
A liquid sugar substitute is the best keto sweetener for this easy keto lemonade recipe. I prefer liquid monk fruit sweetener, but you can use keto simple syrup or another liquid sugar substitute, such as liquid stevia. The great thing is that you have a great selection of keto-friendly sweeteners at the grocery store – use your favorite!
This refreshing keto lemonade has only 2 grams of net carbs, making it an excellent option for those on the keto diet.
Yes, you can use bottled lemon juice in a pinch as long as they have no added sugars, additives, or carbs. But fresh lemons always make the most refreshing drinks.
More Refreshing Keto Drink Recipes
Being on the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy refreshing drinks to beat the heat. There are plenty of healthy options that you can enjoy on a hot summer day. From a family-friendly keto blackberry smoothie to an adult beverage like mint Julep, there’s something for everyone.
Homemade Sugar-Free Lemonade
- ½ cup lemon juice fresh
- 3 ½ cups water filtered and clean
- 24 drops Liquid monkfruit sweetener
- Add the lemon juice and water together in a large jar or pitcher. Whisk the ingredients together.½ cup lemon juice, 3 ½ cups water
- Add the liquid sweetener. Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust as desired.24 drops Liquid monkfruit sweetener
- Pour over ice and serve cold. Add fresh lemon slices to the pitcher or cups, if you like the garnish.
- Freeze leftovers in ice cube trays and add to a glass of still or sparkling water later on.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Originally published August 16, 2018. Updated with next images and points of clarification in April 2023.