Here’s a healthy spin on tuna pasta salad built from a base of tuna zoodles.
Zoodles are zucchini noodles!
I use a spiralizer to make pasta like strips.
My model has three different blades – thin, medium, and broad flat noodle shapes. They will always taste the same, just pick which style you like ascetically. Pine nuts are a special treat for us, they add a deliciously creamy flavor and chewy texture.
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
Boost your Fats
Per serving, a plate of tuna zoodles has 16 g fat. For a keto meal, you’ll probably want more than that.
Dice an avocado or sprinkle an ounce or two of shredded Parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
You could also add an extra drizzle of olive oil or a piece of my All-Purpose Keto Bread with butter.
Low Mercury Tuna Fish
You may have seen this information on my recent Avocado Tuna Melt recipe, but in case you missed it I want you to know about the wild, low mercury tuna fish from US Wellness.
US Wellness supplies canned tuna sourced from a North Pacific fishery which specializes in using small boats that line-catch individual tuna using the sustainable troll method. This type of albacore has low mercury content and has been categorized as a “Best Choice” by the Monterey Bay Aquarium. A 6-ounce can from US Wellness contains 12 g fat, 0 g carb and 48 g protein.
Shopping Suggestion: Wild Sustainable Fish from US Wellness
Tuna Zoodle Pasta with Lemon, Dill and Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil <-- try this one
- 2 pounds zucchini spiralized
- 2 cups spinach chopped, packed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 cans Wild Albacore Tuna <-- try this one, 6 ounce each
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt <-- try this one
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles, spinach and garlic. Cook with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Stir and add lemon juice and dill. Place the lid on again and continue to cook until the zucchini is soft.
- Mix in tuna, olives and pine nuts. You can toast the pine nuts beforehand if you like or add them in raw.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust as needed. Serve warm and dig in!