Here’s a healthy spin on tuna pasta salad built from a base of tuna zoodles. With my easy keto recipes, you can recreate all your favorite pasta dishes and high carb foods keto style!
Zoodles are zucchini noodles!
I use a spiralizer to make pasta like strips.
My model has three different blades – thin, medium, and broad flat noodle shapes. They will always taste the same, just pick which style you like ascetically. Pine nuts are a special treat for us, they add a deliciously creamy flavor and chewy texture.
Boost your Fats
Per serving, a plate of tuna zoodles has 16 g fat. For a keto meal, you’ll probably want more than that.
Dice an avocado or sprinkle an ounce or two of shredded Parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
You could also add an extra drizzle of olive oil or a piece of my All-Purpose Keto Bread with butter.
Low Mercury Tuna Fish
You may have seen this information on my recent Avocado Tuna Melt recipe, but in case you missed it I want you to know about the wild, low mercury tuna fish from US Wellness.
US Wellness supplies canned tuna sourced from a North Pacific fishery which specializes in using small boats that line-catch individual tuna using the sustainable troll method. This type of albacore has low mercury content and has been categorized as a “Best Choice” by the Monterey Bay Aquarium. A 6-ounce can from US Wellness contains 12 g fat, 0 g carb and 48 g protein.
Shopping Suggestion: Wild Sustainable Fish from US Wellness
Tuna Zoodle Pasta with Lemon, Dill and Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds zucchini spiralized
- 2 cups spinach chopped, packed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 cans Wild-caught albacore tuna 6 ounce each
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles, spinach and garlic. Cook with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Stir and add lemon juice and dill. Place the lid on again and continue to cook until the zucchini is soft.
- Mix in tuna, olives and pine nuts. You can toast the pine nuts beforehand if you like or add them in raw.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust as needed. Serve warm and dig in!
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.