Scrambled egg muffins are my lazy version of a crust-less mini quiche. They are a great thing to pop into your oven in the morning while you get ready for the day. Simply whisk the eggs, chop the veggies, add them to the egg and divide evenly into each of the wells of a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
These are just one of many keto breakfast recipes to add to your weekly meal prep.
Scrambled egg muffins represent a familiar dish (just like scrambled eggs) born again in muffin form.
Each scrambled egg muffin pops out in individual servings that can help simplify meal planning and meal prep.
Double the recipe and freeze your leftovers, as needed.
If you are a fan of egg muffin recipes as much as I am, be sure to try the Tomato Zucchini Egg Cup. T
his Garlic and Zucchini Scrambled Egg Muffin recipe uses whisked eggs to achieve the scrambled effect, when making the Tomato Zucchini Egg Cup the egg is cracked directly into each muffin space.
A direct crack leaves the yolk whole, resting on top while the whites drip down to encase the vegetables below.
They present well and look pretty. I recommend them, if you are looking for new keto breakfast ideas.
Do you have The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook?
- Try the Arugula Gouda Egg Muffin Recipe
- Serve these scrambled egg muffins with a side of Mushroom Cauliflower Rice
- Top each egg cup with a generous dollop of Guacamole 2.0 and a splash of Aji Criollo
- Pan fry beef liver with onion and herbs, serve warm on the side.
If you’re prepping for a crowd, these are great to make ahead and serve with this Keto Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash from Real Balanced.
Helpful Recipe Tip:
Enhance the scrambled egg muffins with these optional add-in’s:
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 medium tomato
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- mushrooms like chanterelles, morels, portobello, shiitake, or oyster
Benefits of Adding Seaweed to a Scrambled Egg Muffin
Known to be rich in iodine, an array of minerals, and trace elements, kelp is a sea based spice that can be used as an alternative to mineral salt.
In this recipe, I opt for dulse flakes. Dulse is another mineral dense sea grass and adds a very unique flavor.
In the Primal Edge Health kitchen, I always strive to increase the nutrient density of our recipes, ingredients like seaweed do just that!
Garlic and Zucchini Scrambled Egg Muffin
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add garlic, dulse, salt, and pepper.12 whole eggs, 2 cloves garlic, 1 to 2 tablespoons dulse flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the zucchini in a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much water as possible.1 small zucchini
- Stir into the eggs. Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine.1 small green bell pepper, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup mushrooms
- Divide the batter evenly in a standard 12-cup muffin pan. Greased the pan or line with muffin liners before pouring in.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until center is set. Remove from the oven and leave to rest and cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge for 3 to 5 days or freeze for longer.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.