A Keto Lemon Drop Martini is a low-carb version of a classic cocktail that won’t derail your low-carb diet goals. This delicious cocktail features fresh lemon juice, vodka, keto-friendly sweetener, and sparkling water. Give it a quick shake and garnish with a lemon slice or twist for an added touch of elegance.
Table of Contents (click to view)
Skinny Lemon Drop Martini
If you’ve been looking for the perfect keto martini recipe that allows you to indulge in a delicious cocktail without breaking your keto diet – you’ve come to the right place.
This keto version of the classic lemon drop martini features vodka, fresh lemon juice, low-carb sweetener, and sparkling water. It’s finished off with a lemon zest or slice for a refreshing and beautiful appeal. And the best part is it won’t derail your low-carb diet goals.
The main ingredients in this recipe, such as lemon juice and sparkling water, keeps the carb count low while maintaining the drink’s refreshing flavor. It’s an excellent option for those who are following a keto diet or for those who are simply looking for a healthier cocktail choice.
Serve a glass of keto martini before dinner or as a refreshing drink on a warm summer day. The sparkling water gives a bubbly texture to the drink, adding lovely effervescence and making it feel more satisfying and indulgent.
Finally, the fresh lemon juice makes the drink so zesty and refreshing – perfect to enjoy at your next weekend dinner party or by the poolside.
You won’t regret making this keto-friendly lemon drop martini. It’s a guilt-free way to enjoy a classic cocktail without compromising on your health and diet goals.
How to Make a Keto Martini
Gather five basic ingredients and you’re on your way to a skinny lemon drop martini in five minutes.
Making a low-carb martini is a fun and easy way to enjoy a classic cocktail with a sugar-free twist. These simple directions will ensure a delicious and refreshing drink that’s perfect for any occasion.
- Vodka – alcohol base for the cocktail.
- Fresh lemon juice – adds tangy and citrusy flavor to the cocktail; can also use bottled or jarred lemon juice in a pinch.
- Powdered keto sweetener – a low-carb sweetener added to balance out the tartness of the lemon juice; can be subbed with sugar-free simple syrup.
- Ice cubes – to chill the cocktail
- Sparkling water – just a little bit to add fizz and volume to the cocktail; club soda, seltzer water, or lemon-flavored sparkling water are all great options.
- Lemon zest or slice for garnish – this is optional but adds a hint of citrus aroma and visual appeal
Usually, Lemon Drop Martinis are served still, without sparkling water. However, I like adding a splash to dilute the strength, add effervescence, and build volume. Shake all the other ingredients first, then add the sparkling water separately directly to the glass.
In the event you double or triple the recipe, shake all other ingredients, then add the sparkling water to the shaker and swirl gently to combine. Finally, divide into chilled glasses and serve.
Substitutions and Variations
This fancy beverage is delicious as written in the recipe card below. However, you can switch things up to provide different flavor options. These substitutions can help to customize the cocktail to your liking while still maintaining the basic structure and flavor profile of a lemon drop martini.
- Try a different alcohol: gin or white rum can be used.
- Lemon juice: fresh lemon juice is always best. Meyer lemons have the best flavor but feel free to use any lemons; can also use bottled lemon juice concentrate for convenience.
- Keto sweetener: powdered keto sweetener is preferred as it dissolves easily, but other low-carb sweeteners like granular erythritol or stevia can be used; you can also use one ounce of sugar-free simple syrup instead (either storebought or homemade works).
- Garnish: lemon zest or slice complete this cocktail but switch things up with an orange slice or lime zest for a different visual appeal and flavor profile.
The good news is that this healthy lemon drop martini is naturally dairy-free and gluten-free. Moreover, if you are not following the Whole30 diet, you have the flexibility to adapt this sugar-free cocktail drink to best suit your specific dietary needs.
Check out other diet modifications:
- Keto diet – This recipe is naturally low-carb and keto-friendly.
- Paleo diet – Use vodka with no added artificial flavors or additives; substitute keto sweetener with raw honey or maple syrup
- Low oxalate diet – All ingredients are low-oxalate ingredients.
- GAPS – Sweeten with honey instead of a sugar-free alternative; enjoy very occasionally.
Follow these simple directions and you can’t go wrong! This refreshing lemon cocktail comes together in five minutes and involves a few key ingredients.
The key to the best keto lemon martini is using a well-chilled martini glass. So before starting the recipe, chill your glass in the freezer for a few minutes.
Step one: Shake
Add vodka, fresh lemon juice, keto sweetener, and ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds until the ingredients are well combined, and the shaker is frosty and chilled on the outside.
If you’re not used to sweet drinks, start with ½ tablespoon of sweetener and use up to a full tablespoon. Taste and adjust to personal preference.
Step two: Strain
Step three: Top
Add sparkling water to the cocktail to add a bubbly texture and extra volume to the drink. Add more sparkling water to top the glass if desired.
Step four: Garnish
Finally, garnish the cocktail with a twist of lemon zest or lemon slice, if desired. Check for taste and if other flavors are diluted too much, adjust as needed.
Overall, making a lemon drop martini is a healthy way to enjoy a classic cocktail with a low-carb twist. By following these simple directions, even beginners can create a delicious drink just by shaking the ingredients together.
Sugar-Free Lemon Drop Martini Nutritional Info
This recipe yields one serving of keto lemon drop martini.
The number of carbs in a martini can vary depending on the ingredients and recipe used. However, a classic martini typically contains only trace amounts of carbs, because it’s made with just two main ingredients: gin or vodka and dry vermouth.
Similarly, carbs in a lemon drop martini are minimal because lemons are naturally low in carbs. Likewise, the rest of the ingredients in this keto cocktail drink have only trace amounts of carbs. A serving of this keto lemon drop martini has only 2 grams of net carbs.
Each serving contains:
- 137 calories
- 2 g total carbs
- 2 g net carbs
Please note that the nutritional value will change if you substitute ingredients. Use a nutrition app like My Fitness Pal to recalculate and reflect your changes.
Lemon Drop Martini FAQ
A keto martini can last several days in the refrigerator if stored properly in an airtight container. However, consuming the martini within a day or two is best to ensure the freshest flavor. Do not add sparkling water until just before serving.
To store a premade lemon drop martini, transfer it to an airtight container or bottle and store it in the refrigerator. It’s best to consume the martini within a day or two to ensure the freshest flavor and texture.
While it is technically possible to freeze a lemon drop martini, it is not recommended. The alcohol in the martini can change the texture and consistency of the drink when frozen and thawed, resulting in a less enjoyable drinking experience.
More Easy Keto Cocktail Recipes
- Keto Mint Julep – a chilled mint cocktail for warm sunny days
- Keto Espresso Martini – an energy boosting cocktail with espresso and vodka
- Hibiscus Mint Keto Mocktail – use the power of tea to flavor a refreshing mint mocktail
Keto Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 6 medium ice cubes just a handful
- 1 ounce sparkling water
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker, reserving the sparkling water aside.2 ounces vodka, 1 ounce fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, 6 medium ice cubes
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for twenty seconds until the ingredients are well combined and chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass. Top it off with sparkling water.1 ounce sparkling water
- Finish with optional garnish by adding lemon peel or a whole or half slice of lemon inside the martini or on the rim of the glass as desired.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.