A blueberry and
Our blueberry season here in the Andes of Ecuador is rare and sporadic. These little blue fruits come only once every two or three years. When they do arrive to market, the availability only lasts for a few weeks. Called “joyapas“, these mountain blueberries are very different than the sweet and juicy berries I grew up eating in California, USA. They are larger, more fibrous and watery. It is a special celebration whenever we can find some!
If you love blueberries as much as I do, I know you will also like my Blueberry Avocado Smoothie!
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
Blueberry Omelette with Duck Eggs
I made this omelette with duck eggs and they were DELICIOUS! Duck eggs are significantly larger than chicken eggs and have a slightly different nutritional profile. Duck eggs contain 9 grams protein, 10 grams fat and 1 gram carbohydrate. They make great light and fluffy omelettes. I’m formulating the macros for the recipe below with chicken eggs, since that will be the most commonly used for most people.
Check out these other Ketogenic Omelettes
Check out the following resources to find delicious ketogenic breakfast recipes:
- The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook
- Three Cheese Omelette
- Beef and Broccoli Omelette
- Mexican Omelette
- How to make a Ketogenic Omelette
Blueberry and Sweet Cream Omelette
- Warm the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk the eggs and cream in a small bowl. Pour in the pan, once hot. Leave the eggs to cook and firm from the center out to the edges before flipping.
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the egg mixture about half way through the cooking time. Flip the omelette over if you like, this will cook the berries a bit and release the juices. Otherwise fold it over omelette style and serve warm.