You can make a Mexican omelette that is full of protein, healthy fats, and low-carb vegetables in just a few steps. This is a great example of how quick and delicious easy keto recipes can be!
Stuff an omelette with tomatoes, cilantro, onion and cheese. Spice it up with cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
Take it to the next level with a topping of guacamole and sour cream. With these simple steps you’ll be eating a complete breakfast, inspired by a classic Mexican burrito!
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
Love Mexican food?
Me too! This isn’t exactly a burrito, but we come close! I like this wheat-free, bean-free dish better because I feel nourished, my taste buds are satisfied and I have great energy from the healthy fats and easy to digest eggs and veggies. I stuffed all my favorite fillings in this 3 egg omelette (recipe below).
With a final flourish, you can top meats or fish with Tomatillo Avocado Salsa… yumm!
One of my go-to lunches is ground beef cooked in infused turmeric oil (see The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook for the recipe). Pile the meat in a bowl and top with chopped tomato and a few spoonfuls of guacamole or diced avocado. Use salad greens, if you like. The meat could also be added into this omelette to make a bigger meal with more protein and fats. A bigger meal might suit you if you are intermittent fasting or just eating two meals a day.
Other add-ins for a Mexican Omelette
- Chili sauce
- Sour Cream
- Your favorite premade salsa
- Cooked, crumbled chorizo
- Diced green chilis
- Sauteed bell peppers
Do you have The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook?
Mix and match the following recipes to bulk up your own “burrito” creation:
- Homemade Mexican Seasoning
- Homemade Steak Seasoning
- Flavor Infused Fats (for cooking your meat in!)
- Homemade Sour Cream
- Guacamole (+ variations)
- Aji Criollo
- Cauliflower Rice (+ variations)
- and more!
- Warm coconut oil over medium-low heat in a skillet
- Add cumin, jalapeno, onion, mushrooms, tomato and garlic to the oil and saute for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- The pan should still have enough oil. Add more if it doesn't look coated. Let warm up, then add the eggs. Cook until eggs are almost set all the way through. Add the sauteed vegetables.
- Cook 30 seconds more then flip in half with a spatula. Transfer to a plate and serve with fresh cilantro and queso fresco sprinkled on top. Garnish with a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy warm.
Macros and Nutrition
Pin for later: