Zucchini herb butter is a creamy, thick spread of summer squash, butter, and herbs.
It is a nice enhancement to normal butter, bringing a warmth and more profound flavor to a dish.
Use this as a side vegetable or topping to add healthy fats to any meal.
Zucchini Herb Butter
This low-carb zucchini recipe makes a delicious pan of aromatic caramelized vegetable dip. Zucchini herb butter is flavorful, quick and easy to make, and very versatile.
In these summer months zucchini is an abundant vegetable making it the perfect choice for local, seasonal eating. Summer squashes, as opposed to their more sugary winter counter parts, generally do not need to be tracked. Summer squash is a high fiber, low-carb vegetable. Zucchini is pretty easy to grow in your backyard, try it out and reap the fruits for this tasty low-carb jam.
Use zucchini butter in place of regular butter. Spread it on a chia or flax seed cracker, dip a celery stick, stuff a layer into a low-carb sandwich, or dollop on a bed of salad greens or steamed vegetables.
Like almost all of my recipes, this is low-carb, ketogenic, and paleo friendly.
Zucchini Herb Butter Recipe (Low-Carb, Ketogenic, and Paleo)
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- Coarsely grate the zucchini. Let it drain in a colander for 5 minutes, press down with the back of a spoon to excrete extra water.
- In a skillet, warm butter and saute garlic for one minute. Add zucchini and herbs, stir well to combine. Cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until the squash is a spreadable consistency. Stir occasionally so as not to burn the vegetables. It is ready once the zucchini is of a jam-like consistency.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.