Mix keto drop biscuits in one bowl without yeast! There couldn’t be a faster way to prepare light and fluffy biscuits on a low-carb diet. You don’t have to knead or roll the dough, just combine the gluten-free ingredients and scoop a spoonful on a baking sheet, then pop it in the oven and bake until golden brown.
Table of Contents (click to view)
Keto Buttermilk Biscuits
These buttery biscuits may look like traditional or Bisquick biscuits but are actually gluten and grain-free.
We’ll use finely ground, blanched almond flour in this recipe for the base of the dough. It bakes into a light bread texture and will satisfy any craving.
With a savory flavor from garlic, parsley, and shredded cheddar cheese, these might remind you of keto cheddar bay biscuits. Well, you’re correct!
Now you can enjoy it on a keto diet too. The entire prep process only takes 10 minutes before the dough is ready to bake.
Since the recipe is so quick, you can always make these! These low-carb drop biscuits are always welcome for weeknight dinner, Sunday brunch, or a big holiday like Thanksgiving.
How to Make Keto Biscuits with Almond Flour
Do you have 10 minutes to mix a few ingredients together in a bowl? That’s all you need to prep this keto drop biscuit recipe. There are no special ingredients or fancy equipment needed here. With basic cooking skills, you can’t fail.
Start by gathering eight ingredients and pull hot keto cheddar biscuits from the oven in 30 minutes or less!
- Almond flour – the gluten-free and grain-free flour of choice, ideal for a light and airy texture
- Baking powder – helps biscuits rise; this is extra important for keto baking
- Garlic and parsley – you could also serve plain, without these add-ins, but the extra flavor takes these to the next level
- Buttermilk – the tangy of buttermilk is just what you want! However, you can substitute it with sour cream or plain yogurt.
- Cheese – shredded cheddar cheese
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Next, combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Now, whisk the eggs in a second small bowl, and add the buttermilk and cheese.
Slowly incorporate the wet bowl into the dry one. Don’t over mix!
Here’s the best part, drop rounded tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet. Use a spoon or an actual tablespoon. Each biscuit will be about 2-inches in diameter.
Arrange them with space between each dough mound. They don’t stretch out much but will flatten and expand slightly.
Finally, bake for 15 minutes until the tops turn golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean.
This is important: remove from heat and let cool on the baking sheet. Keto bread and baked goods tend to fall apart into a crumbly mess when you eat them before they have fully cooled. Don’t make that mistake! Instead, be patient and let the biscuits cool before serving.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
These keto cheese biscuits are freezer-friendly and great for meal prep. If you have just a few, wrap each one in plastic wrap and stack them on top of each other in the freezer. Alternatively, a full or half batch can go in an airtight container and freeze for up to 6-8 weeks. Remember to add a label and date! Forgetting what you froze and how long it’s been frozen is the worst.
Nutritional Info for Easy Keto Drop Biscuits
The recipe yields 12 biscuits.
Each biscuit contains:
- 154 calories
- 7 g protein
- 13 g fat
- 5 g total carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 3 g net carbs
Please note that the nutritional value will change if you substitute ingredients. Use a nutrition app like My Fitness Pal to recalculate and reflect your changes.
What to Serve with Keto Cheddar Drop Biscuits
Of course, you can’t omit them from your collection of keto holiday recipes. Everyone loves biscuits for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other big holiday feast days. Sharing keto bread and baked goods introduces friends and family to delicious keto foods. It’s a fun strategy that shows off the potential of a low-carb diet and often pleasantly surprises people.
More Savory Keto Bread Recipes
- 2-Ingredient English Muffins
- Psyllium Husk Keto Bread
- Keto Coconut Flour Bread
- Savory Muffins Recipe
- Low-Carb Focaccia Bread
Keto Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.2 cups almond flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon dried parsley, ½ teaspoon salt
- Whisk the eggs in a second small bowl, and add the buttermilk and cheese.2 large eggs, ½ cup buttermilk, ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Slowly incorporate the wet bowl into the dry one. Don’t over mix!
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet and arrange with space between each one. Use a spoon or an actual tablespoon. Each biscuit will be about 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tops turn golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from heat and let cool on the baking sheet. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
This recipe originally published on November 7, 2018, and was later updated with new images and tips on November 4, 2022.