This crockpot Easy Keto Beef Stew is the star of my winter meal prep menu. One batch will make many family and freezer friendly servings of healthy low-carb nutrition!
Like (most) crockpot recipes, this stew is super easy. Cube the meat, chop the veggies, gather the herbs, and put it all in a pot. Cover and check back 8 hours later.
Everyone should know how to make a good beef stew! It’s such a classic dish, served all over the world.
Low-Carb Beef Stew
The classic stew is easy to make, collagen-rich, and super meaty. Hard-working muscles, make the best stew meat. You want a tough cut, laced with collagen. After slow cooking, the meat becomes succulent and melt in your mouth tender.
Marrow bones are my secret ingredient used to increase the nutritional value. Marrow has many nutritional benefits, like conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a type of fat that could decrease inflammation and enhance immune function.
Accented with cauliflower, mushrooms, carrot, onion, and thyme the seasonal stew will trigger all your happy feelings associated with warm and cozy winter meals.
Grab your favorite soup bowl and serve this recipe warm for lunch or dinner. Use a side of my All-Purpose Keto Bread to soak up the liquid. This bread is great to make and store in the freezer. It thaws super quickly so you can pull it out just before eating. Toasting in a toaster or broiler before eating will give it a delicious crunchy texture!
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
Tips making Keto Beef Stew in a Crockpot
- Use what you have on hand, this recipe is very forgiving! Do you have other vegetables in your fridge that need to get used up? Add them in. Chop the broccoli, zucchini, or cabbage and add to the pot. Parsley, oregano, or rosemary may also be added or substituted.
- Mind your water line, if you add in a significant amount of extra vegetables, you may need to add more broth or water too.
- Try different mineral-rich salts. There are so many options and each brings its own unique flavor.
- “Cubed” means you cut the meat to 1-inch cubes. Lay the piece of meat in front of you, slice left to right into smaller sections, then rotate, and slice into strips. Finally, gather these strips and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Onion is listed as an ingredient; use pearl, white, Spanish, or red onion.
With 5 g net carbs per serving, Easy Crockpot Keto Beef Stew is a delicious, low-carb way to get your protein and fats in.
The recipe below is 100% gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-carb, ketogenic and carnivore-friendly!
Zero Carb Carnivore Recipe Adaptation
Some folks find they prefer a fiber-free Carnivore Diet to remedy auto-immune conditions, improve mental health, and achieve rapid fat loss. If this sounds like you, make the Easy Crockpot Keto Beef Stew by simplifying the ingredient list below to include only marrow bones, stew meat, tallow, bone broth, and salt. Decrease the broth to 4 cups. Check after 6 hours.
If you’re looking for more delicious zero-fiber recipes, get The Carnivore Cookbook with over 100 recipes made from just the essentials: animal protein and fats or browse through my free collection of Carnivore-Friendly recipes
Easy Beef Stew (in a Crock Pot)
- Crock pot
- Heat the crockpot on low. Place marrow bones in the center of the bowl.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the beef in tallow by searing all sides quickly. Transfer to the crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients (broth, mushrooms, carrot, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper) to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve hot.
Macros and Nutrition
Want more Seasonal Keto Recipes?
Try all these low-carb and sugar-free winter recipes
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Easy Braised Beef Shank
- Grass-Fed Beef Liver Pate
- Low-Carb Stuffing
- Keto Peppermint Patties with Dark Chocolate Shell