Fix up a healthy, kid-approved keto grilled cheese sandwich for lunch or a quick dinner. With my easy keto recipes, you can make all your favorite high carb foods like sandwiches keto style!
Embrace your inner 5-year-old! Thick slices of high-quality cheese are sandwiched between two pieces of our gluten-free, grain-free All-Purpose Keto Bread.
I usually set out to make these sandwiches for our kids, but the smell of buttery cheese cooking in the pan is hard to pass by. Our All-purpose Keto Bread cooks into a crispy outside and remains soft and gooey inside. Sprinkle a pinch or two of salt on top before serving and…. OH YEAH! It’s good.
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
What kind of cheese?
You want to use a cheese that will melt. Having cheese ooze out between two crispy, buttery slices of bread is the classic picture you are going for. Young cheddar, Monterrey jack, Swiss-style cheeses (Gruyere), Taleggio and Brie are all good choices that will bring the mouth feel you’re looking for. Mix and matching harder, aged cheeses like feta and parmesan with mozzarella or Fontina. As long as you have a cheese that will melt, it will meld with the harder types. We suggest trying RAW MILK cheeses. They are delicious! US Wellness has a varied selection of high-quality raw milk cheese.
Try these fun add-ins to give variety to your grilled cheese:
*recipes from our Keto training manual
- Zucchini Butter
- pickled jalapeño slices
- sautéed mushrooms and onion
- Crunched up kale chips
Watch our Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe video here.
Keto Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices The BEST All-Purpose Keto Bread
- 2 (1/2 ounce) slices cheese <-- try this one, aged goat cheese, Dambo, Gruyere, raw milk cheddar etc
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- roasted garlic
- tomato slices
- Warm a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of the bread slices. Just butter the side that goes down on the pan.
- Layer on the cheese. Add any optional ingredients.
- Top the sandwich with the second piece of bread. Place in the skillet to pan-fry for 2 minutes, until cheese starts to melt. Flip and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with a sprinkle of salt, side of veggies and additional protein.
Macros and Nutrition