A low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes is better than the real thing. The creamy consistency of mashed cauliflower with butter and flavourful herbs is too delicious to resist. Keto and nonketo dieters alike with enjoy this dish!
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
Eat cauliflower not carbs
Cauliflower is incredibly versatile, if you know how to use it. Rice, pasta, and potatoes can all be deliciously replaced with this low-carb veggie. Cauliflower bread, buns, bagels, dipping sticks, and casseroles are just some of the other possibilities.
In this recipe, we are using cauliflower as an low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are a common staple for many, now you can enjoy the same creamy texture without a high carb load.
Simply blend cauliflower with butter, cream (or coconut cream), and cream cheese (optional) for a low carb alternative to starches.
Get creative with the herbs and flavors, the possibilities are limitless.
Take your cauliflower mash to the next level by mixing and matching your favorite add-ins like chives, roasted garlic, parmesan, and lemon.
Looking for more Cauliflower recipes?
This keto mashed potato recipe is also included in The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook, which includes a number of cauliflower based recipes.
There are many meal suggestions that mix and match different cauliflower dishes with various entrees, dips, sauces, and sides. This “training manual” teaches the essentials of successful low-carb, ketogenic cooking.
You might also like:
- 3-Step Keto Mac and Cheese
- Baked Keto Mac and Cheese
- Low-Carb Stuffing
- Cauliflower Tortillas
- Classic Cauli Rice
Join our private VIP members community forum for ongoing support and interaction from a like-minded people seeking to improve their health with animal foods!
Do you need help dialing in your specific situation? Learn more about our private and group keto & carnivore diet coaching options to see how you can benefit from our custom approach and view on holistic health.
Creamy Caulifower Mashed Potatoes
- Chop the cauliflower into large pieces. Trim the inner core and cut florets down to size. Steam in a saucepan for about 10 minutes, until tender. Drain well, squeeze in a clean towel to remove as much water as possible.
- Mash or blend cauliflower, cream, butter, sour cream, and garlic in a mixing bowl or food processor. Continue until the dish resembles mashed potatoes.
- Mix in herbs de Provence.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Looking for more recipes like this Low-Carb Alternative to Mashed Potatoes?
Enjoy exploring the versatility and variety of cauliflower in these low-carb, cauliflower based recipes. There are many more was to use this vegetable in addition to a low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes.
- “Everything Bagel” Cauliflower Rolls – Lexis Clean Kitchen
- Cauliflower Grilled Cheese – The Iron You
- Cous Cous with Leeks and Sun-Dried Tomatoes – A House In The Hills
- Cauliflower Nachos with Harrisa Cheddar Sauce – Busy in Brooklyn
- Cauliflower Tortillas – Recipe Girl
- Cauliflower Hummus – Our Fifth House
- Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Topping – Oven Love Blog
Pin it for Later:
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes. With a focus on from scratch, homemade cooking, animal-based nutrition, and easy DIY beauty and personal care recipes, there’s always something new going on in her kitchen! Jessica will teach you exactly how to thrive with all the best ingredients and enjoy the journey along the way.