Keto Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a delicious quick and easy low carb dinner you can make in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, all in one single pan. Like all my easy keto recipes, this meal is 100% gluten-free, family-friendly and delicious!
Originally published August 22, 2017. Updated with new images and tips April 11, 2020
Is ground beef OK for a keto diet?
Ground beef is an excellent keto ingredient for building health lunches and dinners. It is also great mixed into egg muffins for breakfast.
Not only is ground beef easy to work with, it is also affordable and widely available.
The fat to protein ratio is excellent a keto diet. Choose a fatty option like 70% or 85% lean ground beef. For whatever reason, the fattier percents tend to be less expensive. I don’t understand why, but I sure do enjoy having such a delicious option that fits my budget!
So many of us grow up around our favorite ground beef recipes. The good news is that you don’t have to give them up after transitioning to a keto diet. You may have to substitute low carb options for pasta noodles or bread but the meaty part can stay the same. We all know that’s the best part of the meal anyway!
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
This post is sponsored by Mountain Rose Herbs, my favorite source of organic and wildcrafted herbs, botanicals, and essential oils. All opinions are my own.
How to make Keto Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Prep the veggies and then toss them in a pan with the beef. This low carb dinner comes together in minutes. Plus, it only has 4 net carbs per serving!
Begin by heating beef tallow or cooking fat of choice in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Mix in the ginger and Chinese 5 spice powders. Continue cooking over medium heat.
Add the broccoli. Stir occasionally as it cooks for 5-7 more minutes.
Put the beef in the pan and break it apart with a spatula; mix in well. Season with salt.
Once the meat is browned, add the fresh parsley. Give the whole mix a few tosses and finish cooking until the meat is done to your liking.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm.
How many carbs are in beef and broccoli stir fry?
The carbs in this recipe come from mostly from the broccoli and onion. Both are low-carb ingredients and very keto friendly.
In total, this dairy free ground beef and broccoli recipe has 6 grams of carbohydrate and 2 grams of fiber per serving. That’s only 4 grams net carb per serving!
There is loads of flavor that comes from using quality herbs and spices. A well-stocked spice cabinet is an essential tool for delicious low carb meals. When your meals pop with fragrant smells and bold tastes, you’ll never miss not having carbs on your plate.
Is Beef and Broccoli Keto Friendly?
This homemade version of the popular Chinese dish is 100% keto friendly. However, if you order this meal out at a restaurant it might not be.
Many traditional beef and broccoli recipes use cornstarch and sugar in them which would make them NOT low carb, keto, or paleo. The meat and veggies are also commonly served over rice. For a low-carb, grain-free option, serve with Cauliflower Rice instead.
When in doubt, homemade options are always healthier and usually more affordable too.
Is a homemade beef and broccoli recipe healthy?
When you make this recipe without starches and refined white sugar, it is a healthy option for lunch or dinner!
Best yet, it’s very family friendly and easy to double batch with leftovers.
Enjoy making this healthy protein-rich meal in the comfort of your own home and get all the best flavors of Chinese takeout without any hidden ingredients.
How to store keto ground beef and broccoli?
After cooking, keep leftovers of this keto ground beef and broccoli recipe in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
For long-term storage, pop it in a heavy-duty freezer bag. Remember to mark the bag with the recipe name and date. Pull it out again sometime in the next 2-3 months. Thaw the bad in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stovetop before serving.
THRIVE with Animal-Based Nutrition!
Join our private membership for weekly coaching calls, and accountability, plus ongoing inspiration from like-minded people seeking to improve their health!
Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Heat tallow or cooking fat of choice in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the ginger and Chinese 5 spice powders. Continue cooking over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli. Stir occasionally and cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Put the beef in the pan and break it apart with a spatula; mix in well. Season with salt.
- Once meat is browned, add fresh parsley. Give the whole mixture a few tosses and finish cooking until the meat is done to your liking.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm.
Macros and Nutrition
Many thanks to Mountain Rose Herbs for partnering with me to bring you this recipe! They offer unparalleled quality of organic herbs, spices, teas, and essential oils. I’ve been supporting them for 10 years and highly recommend you consider making your next order of botanicals with them. Read my honest review of Mountain Rose Herbs: Are they Good? to learn more.
More Easy Keto Ground Beef Dinner Recipes
- Keto Cheeseburger Pie – This keto cheeseburger pie is perfect for a low-stress dinner any day of the week! Flavored with simple everyday ingredients, it is sure to be a new family favorite. Plus, you probably already have these budget-friendly ingredients on hand in your fridge right now.
- Korean Ground Beef – This recipe for Korean Ground Beef is a winner on all fronts. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also low carb, paleo and cooks in about 15 minutes from start to finish!
- Zucchini Taco Casserole – This whole Zucchini Taco Casserole can be ready and on your table in under 30 minutes. You could even double this recipe and store one in the freezer for later – talk about a quick and easy meal idea! Cook once, eat twice!
- Keto Cabbage Beef Casserole – This Keto cabbage beef casserole is large enough to feed your entire family – and they won’t even know they are eating Keto! It is so hearty and flavorful, everyone will love it.
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes. With a focus on from scratch, homemade cooking, animal-based nutrition, and easy DIY beauty and personal care recipes, there’s always something new going on in her kitchen! Jessica will teach you exactly how to thrive with all the best ingredients and enjoy the journey along the way.