Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner you can make any night of the week with just a few ingredients and one pan. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have a dairy-free dinner that tastes like Chinese take-out but is way healthier for you!
This recipe is part of the keto ground beef stir fry recipes series.
Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner Meal
I rely on easy keto recipes like this one for lunch and dinner during the week.
This simple stir fry recipe is a great way for beginners on a keto diet to gain confidence in the kitchen, use up leftover ingredients, and get a family-friendly meal on the table in record time.
Since the keto stir fry is so flexible, you can use just about any low-carb vegetables you already have on hand in the fridge. Feel free to swap in asparagus, snap peas, broccoli, kale, or whatever else you might have.
Cook the veggies, mix in the meat and add sauce. The process is practically fool-proof!
If you follow these keto meal prep tips, you know meal prepping with precooked meat can save a lot of time. Bulk cooking keto basic ground beef, then dividing it into individual recipes will make this recipe go even faster!
How to Make Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry
All you need for the recipe is one pan and a spatula!
It’s super easy and makes delicious leftovers.
The bright medley of colors is so pretty in this recipe. Everyone is sure to enjoy it.
- Coconut oil – Using oil rather than butter or duck fat keeps this recipe dairy-free. Coconut oil has a mild flavor too. It’s nice to have a neutral base that does not compete with the other flavors.
- Red onion – A spicy red onion is my first choice, but you can use any onion you have on hand. White and yellow onions will also work.
- Garlic – Isn’t everything better with garlic?
- Ginger root – You can’t make a Chinese stir-fry without this signature flavor. Substitute 1 teaspoon ginger powder for fresh ginger if preferred.
- Vegetables – I use green beans, mushrooms, and red bell pepper, but you can mix and match any low-carb vegetables you have on hand. Take a look at our Keto Shopping List for more ideas.
- Ground beef – 75/25 ground beef is perfect for this; it has a higher fat content that keeps recipes moist and delicious. Buy ground beef in bulk to save money on your grocery bill! You can use 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef too.
- Salt – I like salty, savory food and never miss a chance to use different types of culinary salt.
- Keto soy sauce – Make your own homemade Keto Soy Sauce or use a store-bought option like tamari (gluten-free, organic soy), Bragg’s liquid aminos, (gluten-free, non-GMO soy) or coconut aminos (gluten and soy-free) to add the classic Asian flavor.
- Sesame oil – Toss the cooked ingredients in sesame oil for an authentic Asian finish.
- Green onion – Finely chopped green onion makes the dish pop with color when you serve it and adds a bit more flavor.
Follow step by step to make the perfect keto stir fry!
Step 1: Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add green beans, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Increase to high heat and add the meat. Break apart any clumps with a spatula. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until the meat is cooked to your liking.
Step 4: Season with salt. Remove from heat and finish with soy sauce and sesame oil, toss to combine. Garnish with green onion and serve warm.
How to Store Stir Fry
Since there are 4 servings of ground beef stir fry in this recipe, it’s usually an appropriate size for a family dinner.
There are two options for storing leftovers.
Pack the remaining portion in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 3-5 days. Alternatively, place the meat and vegetables in a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Always be sure to label and date the container, so you remember what it is!
What to Serve with a Low Carb Stir Fry
I usually serve this low-carb stir fry all by itself because it’s a complete meal of meat and veggies. However, there are many other sides you can pair with it if you need to stretch the dish for more servings or like adding sides.
More Low Carb Stir Fry Recipes with Ground Beef
- Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Korean Ground Beef
- Ground Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger root peeled and grated
- 1 ½ cup green beans chopped (6 oz)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Keto Soy Sauce see note
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup green onion garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green beans, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high and add the meat. Break apart any clumps with a spatula. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil, toss to combine. Garnish with green onion and serve warm.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes.