Make this quick and easy Vegetable and Ground Beef Skillet for lunch or dinner. It’s a budget-friendly dish that the whole family can enjoy together. All you need is one pan and less than 10 simple ingredients. Plus, this dish is dairy-free, paleo, and keto too!
Browse through more ground beef skillet recipes.
Table of Contents (click to view)
An Easy Low Carb Ground Beef Recipe
While this meal might not be the fanciest, it is tried and true and never lets me down.
Forever honored in my collection of easy keto recipes, it’s simple skillet meals like this that get me through busy days and nights when I forgot to defrost the chicken ahead of time. You can find more like this in my cookbook, The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook.
If you’re following a keto diet, you know to avoid high-carb foods like potatoes, yams, and plantains. However, there are so many other foods to enjoy!
Take a look over the Keto Diet Food List to learn about all your options. Then, experiment a little by substituting your favorite ingredients in this ground beef skillet recipe.
Are you anything like me and love saving money on your grocery bill? Chances are YES! Not only is buying ground beef in bulk cheaper, but you will always have it on hand for recipes like this one and won’t need to shop so often.
The strategy works well for my family and me, so I recommend you give it a try too.
How to Make a Vegetable and Ground Beef Skillet Recipe
Gather 8 ingredients, and you’re halfway to making a nutritious dinner in just 15 minutes!
- Coconut oil – Using oil or beef tallow keeps this recipe dairy-free. Coconut oil has a high smoke point and resists oxidation at high heat, making it perfect for cooking and frying. (1)
- Onion – A spicy red onion is my first choice, but you can use any onion you have on hand. White and yellow onions will also work.
- Garlic – Isn’t everything better with garlic?
- Zucchini – I use zucchini because I like it. Plus, it can be good for you too. (2, 3) You can mix and match other low-carb vegetables you have on hand; take a look at the Keto Shopping List for more ideas.
- Ground beef – 80/20 ground beef is perfect for this; it has a higher fat content that keeps recipes moist and delicious.
- Oregano, salt, and pepper – Finish the recipe with seasonings that boost flavor and bring the whole dish together.
Warm the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute.
Add chopped zucchini. Continue sautéing until soft, about 4 minutes.
Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the meat. Break apart any large clumps with a spatula. Cook until done to your liking, about 5 minutes. I like my meat browned with a bit of pink still in it.
Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Serve warm.
It’s delicious with a side of Keto Avocado Coleslaw.
More Keto Ground Beef Dinners
Kick it off with these related recipes:
- Ground Beef Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
- Keto Cheeseburger Skillet
- Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Skillet
- Cajun Dirty Rice
- Italian Beef and Cauliflower Rice Skillet
Vegetable and Ground Beef Skillet Recipe
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute.2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 small red onion, 1 clove garlic
- Add zucchini. Continue sautéing until soft, about 4 minutes.1 medium zucchini
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Push the zucchini to the side and add the meat. Break apart any large clumps with a spatula. Cook until done to your liking, about 5 minutes.1 pound ground beef
- Season meat with oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine the meat and vegetables. Serve warm.½ teaspoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
This is just one of many family-friendly low-carb 30 minute meals for lunch or dinner.
If you have beef on hand, but not ground, try this Pulled Beef recipe from A Grill for All Seasons.