This is a no-marinade carne asada recipe that takes only 15 minutes and is a great nutrient dense meal for a quick lunch or easily prepared dinner. Easy keto recipes with simple steps, delicious flavor, and minimal clean up are essential!
You had a preview of this recipe in a recent video vlog on our youtube channel and again in the Cauliflower Tortilla with Garlic and Oregano recipe post.
Quick and easy meals will always have a place in my home. With kids, work, and all the things in-between, spending a long period of time making food does not always appeal to me. Since our little boy turned four months, he is spending a lot of time awake which leaves me with one hand for most meals. We have to keep it simple and this 15 minute Carne Asada is a perfect solution that the whole family enjoys.
Cauliflower rice is a low-carb keto veggie that can be prepared with many different entrees. Hint – anything you would want rice with, you can swap in cauli-rice instead.
You might also like to take a look at Easy Keto Dinners with Beef for even more dinner ideas.
Do you have The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook?
Cauliflower rice can also be enjoyed the following ways:
- Drizzled with “Hollandaise Sauce”, served with roasted asparagus and a protein of choice
- Used to soak up the sauce from “Braised Green Cabbage”, served with mackerel
- Enhanced with the 3 additional variations to the original “Cauliflower Rice” recipe
- Mixed in with “Tahini Lemon Vegetable Stif-Fry”
These are just a few ideas to get you going! Cauliflower rice will mix and match with a wide variety of recipes. Chapter 4: Herbs and Spices will be helpful for you to learn how to customize the herbal profile to best suit your meal.
Take a look at the full presentation – A low-carb cauliflower tortilla carne asada wrap!
15 minute Carne Asada with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 pound beef fillet
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric root powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice cooked
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Cauliflower Tortilla optional
- Warm the oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add the meat to the oil, baste with lemon juice, and sprinkle garlic and cilantro over the meat as it cooks. Season with turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cook the first side for 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how thick the fillet is. Flip and cook for another minute. Keep the center red. Cook on low heat to preserve nutrient quality and soft texture.
- Serve sliced and warm on a bed of cauliflower rice with chopped tomato, fresh cilantro, and avocado. Pour the meat drippings over the rice. Wrap everything up in a cauliflower tortilla.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes.