Light and lemony, Keto Shrimp Scampi is a nice ketogenic lunch or dinner that can be made quickly in under 20 minutes. Easy keto recipes are essential to long-term adherence and overall satisfaction with a low-carb diet.
Zucchini noodles look just like noodles and satisfactorily fulfill the desire for pasta on a keto diet. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and served for a crowd.
Scampi is a traditional European dish consisting of a certain type of crustacean sauteed in garlic and butter.
There are slight regional differences in Italy, Greece, the United Kingdom, Spain and Norway. Depending on local availability, various crustaceans can be used.
In American cuisine, shrimp and prawns are most common. This keto shrimp scampi uses shrimp.
Get your Pasta Fix with Keto Shrimp Scampi
Converting grain-based pasta dishes to low-carb alternatives is super easy once you know about appropriate ketogenic pasta alternatives.
Zucchini noodles, or zoodles, are a frequent go-to of mine. I before I bought a spiralizer, I used a vegetable peeler that took a bit longer but worked just as well to make broad, thin pasta like noodles. You’ll see this example in “Summer Squash Linguini” from The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook.
My spiralizer was a $30 investment I made to give a little flair in presentation and inspire my children’s interest in food prep. By far, my favorite aspect of spiralized foods is hearing my 5 year old ask to help wind the crank and watch the veggies transform into oodles of noodles. She gets so excited and looks forward to spiralizing her food.
Enjoy a Keto Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream for dessert afterward!
20 Minute Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1⁄2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini spiralized, (4 medium-sized)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Stir in zucchini noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
- Serve immediately, warm. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
There are so many family-friendly low-carb 30 minute meals for lunch or dinner!
1 thought on “20 Minute Keto Shrimp Scampi”
What is calorie count on this meal per serving?