Coconut flour is a wonderful keto and low-carb ingredient for baked goods and gluten-free foods. With easy keto recipes, you can make all your favorite high carb foods like pancakes keto style!
A ketogenic diet is not restrictive, there are a multitude of delicious and satisfying low-carb, gluten-free, high-fat replacements for many of the well known carb heavy foods.
There are so many yummy keto breakfast ideas to make!
Make savory low-carb coconut flour pancakes
Mince savory accents and mix them into the batter before pan frying. Savory pancakes can be used like sandwich breads and burger buns. Try things like:
- Fresh or dry rosemary, thyme, basil or oregano
- Chopped chives and minced garlic
- Minced kale or spinach
You may also like: Fennel and Feta Pancakes
There are many possible variations of this recipe. Pancakes can be made savory or sweet depending on your preference, dietary framework, and what you plan to serve them with.
Top a warm stack of pancakes with Lakanto’s sugar-free maple syrup! Use our coupon code “primaledgehealth” for 20% off.
Make sweet low-carb coconut flour pancakes
Sweeten up a keto meal with:
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon each of ginger, clove, and vanilla powders
- A layer of nut butter, whipped cream and a small handful of local, seasonal berries
- Shredded coconut and sugar-free maple syrup
In my experimenting, I have learned an important trick – coconut flour is a very dense material and can lead to a dry, crumbly product if this tip is not followed. When you use coconut flour be sure to add an equal volume of water (for 1/2 cup coconut flour use 1/2 cup water).
The added water will fluff up the recipe and make it more palatable.
Low-Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Whisk eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add oil and water, whisk again well.
- In a separate, small bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until all is evenly incorporated.
- Place a small spoonful of cooking oil on a frying pan or skillet, wait for it to warm up. Once oil pops, add a portion of the bater. Cook until air bubbles burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook the second side for another minute.
- Serve immediately warm or cold in a packed lunch.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Pin it for Later: