Right after our second child was born, I dove into my own self-led course in keto baking. A few months passed as I was busy testing 100’s of keto cupcakes, bread loaves, pizza crusts, burger buns and cookies, cakes, and brownies until I finally established a solid collection of easy keto recipes.
Overall, I was surprised to find baking on a keto diet easier than traditional baking.
I gravitate to the “quick and easy” kind of recipes that usually follow the simple procedure of combining a dry bowl of ingredients and a wet bowl of ingredients together. Then baking in the desired pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
This recipe is adapted from my Keto Vanilla Cake, originally published in The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking.
They are so delicious, soft, and moist this could easily be the base recipe for all of my cupcakes and muffins.
You can reverse engineer the cupcake into a cake simply by baking the batter in a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan. It’s delicious own it’s own or topped with the same, Maple Buttercream as the cupcakes below.
Baking Tips for Vanilla Keto Cupcakes
Vanilla Keto Cupcakes are super fast and simple to make anytime you need a reliable cupcake recipe to make.
- Vanilla comes through well in this recipe, the rich flavor permeates all bites. Vanilla powder is a much more potent flavoring agent, but also more expensive. Vanilla extract may be substituted in double the amount (ex: 1 tsp vanilla powder = 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you certainly can. Bake the cupcakes and keep them, unfrosted, in the fridge until ready to serve. Frosting has the best texture when prepped the day of.
- These cupcakes are freezer friendly and can be made in bulk.
- Feeding a crowd? Double the batch as needed, these are great for birthday and office parties.
- Swap frosting for Dairy-Free Keto Icing and decorate with delicate lines and swirls instead.
This recipe yields 12 cupcakes.
With only 1 g net carbs per serving, Vanilla Keto Cupcakes are a delicious, guilt-free way to enjoy dessert while staying on a keto diet.
The recipe below is 100% gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free, low-carb, ketogenic, and sugar-free!
Sugar-Free Keto Cupcakes
In this recipe, a pinch of sweetness (without the blood sugar roller coaster and crazy mental/emotional triggers) is made possible by Lakanto’s Monkfruit sweetener.
Lakanto is my first choice as a keto-friendly sweetener for all keto desserts.
Save 20% on LAKANTO products with our coupon code PRIMALEDGEHEALTH
LAKANTO Liquid Monkfruit Sweetener is
- ZERO GLYCEMIC – Lakanto Sweetener will not increase blood sugar
- ZERO CALORIES – With no sugar or added artificial flavoring
- USEFUL – Flavor your tea, water, yogurt, desserts, smoothies, coffee
- EASY – Convenient for on-the-go everyday use
- Non-GMO Verified Monk Fruit
- DELICIOUS with no bitter aftertaste
I use Lakanto exclusively but you may also use whole or powdered erythritol or liquid stevia drops instead. Replace Lakanto with equal amounts of erythritol, use stevia drops to taste.
More Vanilla Infused Desserts to Try
You can find all Primal Edge Health dessert recipes here!
- Raw Coconut Macaroons
- Walnut Cardamom Sugar-Free While Chocolate
- Brazil Nut White Chocolate
- Chai Latte Chia Pudding
- Mini Strawberry Shortcake
Vanilla Keto Cupcakes
To Preare the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350* F / 176* C.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 3 eggs. Add oil and milk. Mix well.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until thick peaks form. Gently fold into the the batter.
- Lightly grease or use cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
To Prepare the Frosting
- With an Immersion Blender: Place all ingredients in a narrow jar and use an immersion blender to whip until fluffy.With an Electric Mixer: Beat until all ingredients are mixed together. 1 to 2 minutes to fully whip the butter, continue until light and fluffy.
- Wait until cupcakes have completely cooled then frost before serving.
Macros and Nutrition
Pin it for Later:
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes. With a focus on from scratch, homemade cooking, animal-based nutrition, and easy DIY beauty and personal care recipes, there’s always something new going on in her kitchen! Jessica will teach you exactly how to thrive with all the best ingredients and enjoy the journey along the way.