Keep this recipe in your collection of easy keto recipes for simple meal prep! Once you get the basics down, easy keto burgers are endlessly modifiable. You can even make them fiber-free which is great for those of us who cook carnivore diet recipes!
What is your favorite seasoning? Combine meat with Mexican, Cajun, Italian or Thai seasoning blends, I’ve never met a spice mix that doesn’t taste good in a burger patty.
If you have leftover leafy greens like spinach, kale and Swiss chard or fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro, add a handful of finely chopped material into the meat mixture before cooking.
Homemade Spice Blends
Making homemade spice blends is a budget friendly solution to enhance any meal in a pinch. Pun intended! Just a pinch or two of a flavor rich seasoning blend can enhance a meal with little effort. Keep a few on hand and rotate them between meals.
Quality spices make meals more exciting on a keto diet.
You’ll find recipes for the following in my cookbook The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook:
- All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
- Italian Seasoning
- Mexican Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Curry Seasoning
- Herbs de Provence
- Steak Seasoning
- Ranch Seasoning
- 5-Spice Seasoning
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Rotating your favorite blends keeps simple recipes fresh and tasty. Make fried eggs for breakfast and use a different blend every morning. It will be like 7 unique recipes without any extra work.
Got Beef Heart?
You should! If you need help sourcing it, shop here at US Wellness. We know not everyone has easy access to organic, grass-fed beef so we choose to partner with US Wellness Meats who can deliver whole beef heart and a 50% mix of ground heart with ground beef.
Shopping Suggestion: Grass-Fed Beef Heart
If you’re interested, please use our affiliate link. We’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to recycle back into Primal Edge Health which helps us put out more content.
Beef heart is a powerhouse of nutrition.
I’ve grown quite comfortable with cooking beef heart. I almost always buy it ground. It is so easy to replace a portion of ground beef (turkey, chicken, lamb, bison etc) of any recipe with ground beef heart.
Easy Keto Burgers with Pan Sauce!
This is new territory for me. I’m quite intrigued by the concept of pan sauces. They are very easy and timely to make. I’ve taken the idea of pan sauce applied it to this recipe here.
Essentially, you make a light brothy sauce by adding a small amount of bone broth the meat drippings and butter from cooking the onion. If you want to experiment with thickening the liquid, add a pinch of grass-fed beef gelatin and let it sit for 5 to 7 minutes. This would make it more like a gravy. I haven’t tried it out yet but considered doing it when I made the original recipe. If you do this, let me know how it works out in the comments below.
Ground Beef Heart Burgers with Onion Gravy
- Warm the butter over medium heat in a skillet or frying pan.
- Combine the beef with Mexican seasoning and salt. Shape 4 burger patties with your hand. Place in the hot oil and cook each side until browned. Each side cooks for up to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Add the onions to the pan as the patties are cooking, keep them off to one side and separate from the patties. Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the pan and keep them covered to stay warm.
- Leave the onions in the pan and add broth. Simmer the liquid until it reduces and thickens a bit.
- Serve burgers warm with onion gravy poured on top.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
More Keto Burger Recipes
- Keto Burger Recipes without a Bun – Fire up the grill or cook on the stove; either way, these bunless keto burger recipes are perfect for a summer cookout!
- Bunless Burger with Tangy Yogurt Sauce – The tangy dill sauce in this recipe perfectly complements the juicy burger.
- Spinach Salmon Burgers – Crispy and low-carb, this is a great way to eat salmon!
- Keto Cheeseburger Skillet – Why not try a quick cheeseburger skillet meal tonight?
- Easy Cheeseburger Pie – This is a nice low-stress dinner any night of the week.
Meet Jessica Haggard
Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes.