The beef heart and the savory gluten-free crust really shine in this keto meatza recipe. Easy keto recipes like this are a must, especially when you have a family to feed!
Mixing the beef heart in with ground beef enhances the nutritional value and flavor of the meat pie and makes it taste amazing. Organ meats provide many health benefits and are very affordable foods.
This is a low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free recipe that is keto diet approved. With a few simple modifications, you can make this exclusively animal-based, great for those who like carnivore diet recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
The savory coconut flour crust is very easy to work with and can be prepared in under 5 minutes. This crust has been my “go-to” crust for savory dishes like quiches, pot pies and other meat pies.
It’s a kid-friendly beef heart MEATZA! (Recipe video here)
Serve with a side salad and dressing or cauliflower rice. It feels good to be able to make something nutritious that the whole family can enjoy together. I love when everyone paused their activity, sits down and nourishes themselves together.
If you enjoy a fiber-free carnivore diet, just bake the filling and omit the crust.
Cheese it up!
If you or anyone in your family (like children!) are really into cheese, you can spread 1.5 to 2 cups of shredded cheese all over the top. As you can see in the video below, I topped half with cheese and left half with just meat.
Custom Keto Meatza with your favorite flavors
Both the crust and the filling are very customization. You can probably make this recipe with whatever you have on hand in the fridge.
For the filling: onions, garlic, fresh herbs, mushrooms, leafy greens, spinach, bell pepper, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto
For the crust: rosemary and garlic powder, oregano powder, thyme leaf, poppy seeds
Eating Beef Heart?
YES! Mixing ground organs like grass-fed beef heart and grass-fed beef liver with ground beef is my favorite way to provide extra nutrition for my family. We can regularly consume organ meats with ease and pleasure.
Have you read: Why Organ Meats Should be In Your Diet
Gluten-Free Keto Meatza with Beef Heart
For Coconut Flour Crust
For Meat Filling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Prepare the crust. Whisk two eggs in a small bowl. Combine butter, oregano and salt in a second bowl. Pour the eggs into the butter; whisk to combine. Slowly add coconut flour and stir until a dough forms. Press the dough together to form a ball. Grease the pie plate; spread the dough from the center out to the edges. Make it even. Prick the bottom multiple times with a fork. Prebake the crust for 10 minutes, it should be just barely golden brown. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, continue cooking until soft.
- Add the meat to the skillet and lightly brown. Toss meat with basil in the last minute or so of cooking.
- Transfer cooked meat to a large mixing bowl and mix in eggs.
- Pour mixture into the crust. Sprinkle optional cheese on top. Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Let the pie sit to cool and rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 6 portions and serve warm.
Nutrition & Macros
As featured in 34 Paleo & Keto Organ Meat Recipes.