Carnivore meatballs are the easiest recipe to meal prep with ground beef. Meatballs are a practical, dairy-free and freezer-friendly staple for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Share the keto meatball option with your family so everyone can enjoy a meal together!
Table of Contents (click to view)
Zero Carb Beef Meatballs
This is the perfect carnivore diet meatball recipe for the lazy (aka practical) chef. It’s super easy and completely foolproof. There’s no need for fillers, binders, or flours!
We’re talking about meat, straight up.
Are you on a strict carnivore diet? If so, these carnivore meatballs is for you.
Check out The Carnivore Cookbook for more zero-carb recipes which will equip you with animal-based breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas. Plus, I also include many tips on eating carnivore with a family, so that everyone can enjoy mealtime together.
Unlock the power of nutrient-dense, fiber-free nutrition with The Carnivore Cookbook, available in both digital and print formats. Say goodbye to the struggle of finding strict carnivore recipes—this collection is your ultimate solution.
Since not everyone needs to be a hardcore carnivore, I’ll include a keto meatball option below too. This keto variation is excellent to share with your family. Keep your portion plain and dress theirs up with low oxalate ingredients.
Easy Carnivore Diet Meal Prep
Ground beef is an essential staple in my meal prep routine. It’s easy to work with, widely available, and budget-friendly.
You can find more meal prep ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in my collection of Carnivore Ground Beef Recipes.
I recommend ButcherBox as a source of organic, grass-fed and grass-finished ground beef. They specialize in delivering high-quality meat to your door (US only). Getting a monthly subscription makes grocery shopping and meal prep easier because you can rely on their quality and consistency.
Need a grocery shopping shortcut? Check out ButcherBox and see if it’s the solution you’re looking for.
Of course, feel free to mix and match other ground meat on hand. Substitute half or up to 100% of ground beef with ground pork or sausage, ground bison, or whatever else you might have around.
Wagyu beef makes amazing wagyu ground beef meatballs!
Easy Carnivore Meatballs Recipe
Ready to learn how to make carnivore diet beef meatballs? It couldn’t be easier!
This super simple meal prep is exactly why I love carnivore diet recipes. I get all the nutrition I need while spending minimal time in the kitchen.
Fatty ground beef
There are just 2 simple ingredients for the base recipe.
Keto Meatball Option
If you enjoy keto carnivore recipes and eat mostly animal-based with minimal plant foods, I know you’ll enjoy this flavorful keto meatball variation!
Serve keto meatballs with cauliflower rice or cauliflower mashed potatoes on the side.
Consider making a family-friendly Keto Meatball Casserole also.
EASY KETO MEATBALL RECIPE
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
The strict carnivore meatball recipe and the easy keto meatball recipe are both prepared the same way.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Form 2 to 3-ounce balls in the palm of your hand. That’s roughly 12 to 16 meatballs.
Arrange in a glass baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked. I use a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) glass dish. If you have something smaller, pack the balls in snuggly. It’s fine if the meatballs touch slightly while cooking.
Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
A typical serving size is 3 meatballs.
Freeze the leftovers and reheat when you want to eat them again. Arrange the meatballs on a cookie sheet after baking and freeze. Then remove and store in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Reheat in the oven or by simmering in a sauce of choice.
More Carnivore Meatballs Ideas
Add all these delicious menu ideas to your carnivore diet meal planner!
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs – All you need are 3 main ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time! Serve this dish for dinner tonight and your whole family will enjoy it together.
- Beef Heart Meatballs – Classic meatballs go up a notch by adding beef heart. There are many benefits of organ meats and they should not be missed!
- Carnivore Meatball Soup – A family favorite dinner in just one pot and ready in less than 40 minutes! Omit all plant-based ingredients to make it 100% carnivore.
- Carnivore Swedish Meatballs – Follow this adaptation for a strict carnivore recipe.
- Carnivore Liver Meatballs – This is a great way to add liver into your diet while keeping it hidden.
- Carnivore Chicken Meatballs – These meatballs are from everyday ingredients and have no breadcrumbs. Omit all plant-based ingredients to make it 100% carnivore.
Do you need more meal ideas? Try these 30 Easy Carnivore Diet Meal Ideas.
Carnivore Meatballs (Zero Carb & Keto Option)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175°C).
- Mix meat and salt in a bowl or combine all ingredients for the keto option.2 pounds ground beef, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, 1 large egg, 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt
- Form 2-ounce balls in the palm of your hand.
- Arrange in a glass baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked and juices run. I use a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) glass dish. If you have something smaller, pack the balls in snuggly. It’s fine if the meatballs touch slightly while cooking.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
More Carnivore Ground Beef Recipes
Carnivore Scotch Eggs – A delicious option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Traditionally made for picnics, you can take them on the go, pack in a lunch, or eat oven-fresh at home.
Carnivore Casserole – Make this for breakfast or dinner any day of the week. All you need to do is combine ground beef with eggs, cream, and cream cheese, then bake until done!
Organ Meat Pie – When meatloaf meets quiche with a dose of deeply nourishing organ meats, you get an excellent carnivore diet recipe!
Hidden Liver Muffins – The best way to add liver to your diet without any unusual taste, texture, or appearance. If you think you don’t like liver, this is the recipe to change your mind!
Carnivore Breakfast Muffins – Zero-fiber carnivore breakfast muffins are made entirely from animal-based ingredients. This easy dairy-free breakfast idea is great for meal prep. The process is as easy as combining eggs with browned ground beef, adding a pinch of salt, and baking in the oven until done!
Carnivore Stroganoff – A hearty dinner or lunch that’s ready in less than 30 minutes! This creamy ground beef recipe is classic comfort food, but now made exclusively from animal-based ingredients.