Fire up the grill or cook on the stove; either way, these bunless keto burger recipes are perfect for a summer cookout! From personal favorites like Spinach and Salmon Burgers to mini burger bites, these low-carb bunless burger ideas are some of the best ways to enjoy a hamburger without a bun.
Are Burgers ok on a Keto Diet?
With a few simple modifications, hamburgers go from being a “no-no” food to the perfect option for anyone on a keto diet.
The biggest change is that we have to forgo the hamburger bun and French fries. Don’t worry though, once you learn about these delicious low-carb options, making keto burgers is as easy as can be!
I recommend you review the Keto Shopping List to learn exactly which ingredients are keto-approved and which are off limits.
Thanks to the ingenuity of many clever recipe bloggers, there are several suitable gluten-free and low-carb keto bun recipes you can make yourself.
My favorite keto bun replacement is Keto Flatbread. You can also use Keto Buns (ready in 5 minutes!), or Soft Keto Hamburger Buns.
How to Make a Keto Burger
Browse through the recipes below, and you’ll quickly learn how to combine a few essential ingredients into the perfect keto burger meal.
Use a grill or cook on the stovetop. Either way, low-carb hamburgers are a budget-friendly and family-friendly meal for lunch and dinner.
Keto burger recipes usually have the following ingredients:
- Meat: unless you’re vegetarian or vegan, it’s a given that a burger will have meat of some kind! Ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey, and cooked salmon are the most popular options. Sometimes bacon is added in too!
- Burger fixings: Here’s where classic burger toppings come into play. Many well-known add-ins are naturally low-carb. Enjoy lettuce, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, and other healthy choices.
- Cheese: Not every burger is a cheeseburger, but they could be! Melt cheese slices over the meat patty or crumble soft cheeses like goat cheese and feta on top of the whole shebang.
What to Serve with Bunless Burgers
Dress up your meat patty with sauces and relishes.
- Lacto-Fermented Pickle Relish
- Homemade Raw Sauerkraut
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- Grilled onions
These low-carb sides compliment burgers well too:
10 Keto Burger Recipes for Your Summer Cookout
Eating low-carb isn’t boring at all. Look at all these healthy, homemade recipes you can prepare! Once you try these easy burger recipes, you’ll never miss the bun. Each recipe is perfectly flavorful and filling just as it is.
Low carb ground beef burgers are a quick meal for lunch or dinner. This recipe teaches how to transform the leftover pan drippings into a savory onion sauce to top your burger. It’s delicious!
Keto Butter Burgers and Air Fryer Onion Straws
Butter burgers have a pat of butter in the middle that makes them all the more tender and juicy! Top these with crunchy onion straws fresh from the air fryer and sit down to an irresistible meal.
The tangy dill sauce in this recipe perfectly complements the juicy burger. Burgers are a delicious way to enjoy nutrient-dense organ meats because the ground beef heart blends into the ground beef flawlessly.
Bunless Bacon Keto Burger
Replace your fast food craving with this homemade burger patty instead. It’s stuffed with bacon and popping with flavor in every single bite!
Burgers aren’t only for ground beef. Canned salmon is a great protein choice as well! Since the fish is already cooked, you just have to open the can and mix the other ingredients. Then, finish it off on the stovetop and enjoy!
Grilled Keto Burger
Up your burger game with homemade Horseradish Sauce. It’s sure to make a memorable meal everyone will enjoy. I know it will be a big hit this grilling season!
Why not try a quick cheeseburger skillet meal tonight? You get all the flavor of a cheeseburger without the temptation of a bun.
Bunless Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
Serve these mini bunless bacon cheeseburger bites at your next party or summer gathering. Not only do finger foods look super cute, but they are also so fun to dunk in ketchup too!
A cheeseburger pie is a nice low-stress dinner any night of the week. Plus, you probably already have these budget-friendly ingredients on hand in your fridge right now.
Keto Turkey Burgers
Have you ever tried ground turkey burgers? Why not start with this recipe? They are easy to make and kid-friendly too.
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
Don’t stop here! Try all the delicious low-carb ground beef recipes you can! Many of these low-carb 30 minute meals are suitable for lunch or dinner.
- Keto Ground Beef Recipes – This is the home page for all my great keto recipes with ground beef!
- Easy Keto Dinners with Ground Beef – Keto dinners with ground beef are here to save the day! Not only are they quick and easy so you can get dinner on the table fast, but this collection of low-carb dinner ideas is family-friendly too.
- 28 Keto Meals with Ground Beef – Enjoy these low-carb lunch and dinner ideas with ground beef while staying on track toward your keto diet goals.
- Healthy Ground Beef Skillet Meals – These delicious ideas combine flavorful herbs and spices and low-carb vegetables with ground beef so you can get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less!
- Quick and Easy Low-Carb Recipes for Dinner – Use these 30 meal ideas to get a nutritious meal on the table without spending hours in the kitchen.