Enjoy this carnivore custard anytime you want dessert on a carnivore diet! Made with just three ingredients, this is an easy animal-based dessert recipe you can make any day of the week.
Table of Contents (click to view)
What is the Carnivore Diet?
A carnivore diet is a diet made of animal foods exclusively. No vegetables or fibrous plant foods are required for nutritional needs.
Read our carnivore diet success stories and you’ll see the results speak for themselves.
No one has to follow a strict carnivorous approach for the rest of their life if they don’t want to. Periods of carnivory can be beneficial as quick health resets to help you learn which foods are optimal for you and which may be causing more harm that good.
Are you craving easy and delicious carnivore recipes? Check out my Carnivore Cookbook for simple and straightforward recipes you’ll love!
Unlock the power of nutrient-dense, fiber-free nutrition with The Carnivore Cookbook, available in both digital and print formats. Say goodbye to the struggle of finding strict carnivore recipes—this collection is your ultimate solution.
Our post What to Eat on a Carnivore Diet breaks down the variety of foods available from the animal kingdom. You might be surprised to know that most people don’t feel any restriction or lack of variety once they get in the groove of carnivore cooking.
It takes time and practice, of course. Our Carnivore Diet Food List will help you out when you first begin.
Carnivore Diet Dessert
This carnivore egg custard is as close to a pure carnivore diet dessert at you can get!
It’s creamy and delicious just like you would expect. With only 3 ingredients, it’s a must add to your collection of easy carnivore diet recipes.
The base is made mostly from animal foods (whole eggs and cream). The only plant-based ingredient is a splash of vanilla extract that is used for adding flavor and sweetness.
If you are using a strict carnivore diet, omit the vanilla and bake the eggs and cream together. The low carb custard won’t be sweet but will have a creamy texture and unique mouthfeel.
Vanilla extract is fiber-free and doesn’t cause auto-immune reactions or flare ups of any kind in most people. Use a high-quality, organic extract. If any negative reactions occur, don’t use it again.
Sign in to download our free ebook below.
Are you trying to gain weight with animal foods? If so, consider drizzling honey over the top of your carnivore friendly dessert!
Carbs are not inherently bad, but they must be used in the right context. Putting on a healthy weight is one of those times!
My husband, Tristan, harvests honey and uses it (along with raw milk) in his animal-based diet to maintain and gain weight.
Easy Carnivore Egg Custard Recipe
This is a great make ahead dessert for anyone on a keto diet too. With only 4 net carbs, this is a bonafide keto custard.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until completely smooth.
Divide evenly between 4 2 or 3-inch ramekins and place them in an 8×8-inch baking dish.
Bring 2-3 cups of water to a boil. Create a water bath by pouring boiling water into the baking dish. Continue until the water level is an inch high.
Bake for 30 minutes, check and continue for 10 more minutes if needed. The top should be golden brown and firm. The under part will be wiggly still.
Remove from the oven. Let cool and set for 10 minutes, before serving warm or refrigerating until chilled.
Personally, I like this custard recipe best served cold.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. You can cover the ramekins with a layer of plastic wrap or pop them out into an airtight container. The recipe will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
You can also freeze this sugar-free custard! Bake the mixture in freezer friendly containers, cover with plastic wrap, and then freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before serving.
More Carnivore Friendly Desserts
My keto carnivore diet dessert recipes are all based on animal food ingredients like eggs, cream, and milk. Then usually sweetened with vanilla and a keto sweetener or honey, depending on your goals.
They come in all shapes and sizes! These are some of my favorites.
- Carnivore Cheesecake for One – A no bake carnivore cheesecake recipe, this dish is a single serving and ready in just 2 steps!
- No Bake Cheesecake Pudding – The ideal keto carnivore-friendly dessert! It’s smooth and creamy sweet, plus it only calls for 3 main ingredients and 10 minutes of your time to prep it.
- No Bake Custard (Carnivore-Friendly) – This no bake keto carnivore custard has the same great flavor and silky smooth texture as traditional custard but is less work to make!
- No Bake Eggnog Pudding – A no bake cheesecake pudding is smooth and creamy, with all the flavors of eggnog!
Do you need meal ideas? Try these 30 Easy Carnivore Diet Meal Ideas.
If you make this recipe, please leave a review. I appreciate each 5-star rating and review comment!
Carnivore Custard Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until completely smooth.3 whole eggs, 2 cups heavy cream, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Divide evenly between 4, 2 or 3-inch ramekins and place them in an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Bring 2-3 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Create a water bath by pouring boiling water into the baking dish. Continue until the water level is an inch high.
- Bake for 30 minutes, check, and continue for 10 more minutes if needed. The top should be golden brown and firm. The under part will be wiggly still.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool and set for 10 minutes, before serving warm or refrigerating until chilled. It will firm up as it sits.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.