Greek-inspired savory pancakes are light and fluffy – a great bread replacement to add on the side of a healthy protein source. Fennel and feta are combined to flavor this grain-free,
The base of the batter is coconut flour, I used our Coconut Flour Pancake recipe and infused it with a handful of savory herbs and cheese. Yum!
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
Simple Savory Pancakes
I like these savory pancakes better than sweet ones!
I served these aside a variation on Mama’s Best Meatballs (from The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook). These meatballs had a cheesy surprise inside. They were stuffed with chunks of mozzarella! A serving of pancakes with butter melted on top and about 1/4 pound of beef made a great lunch.
These scrumptious little pancakes are based on the original flavor combinations of a Greek dish called “Marathopita” which is a a spinach and fennel pie. I adapted the idea to be gluten-free and ketogenic. These pancakes are a great bread replacement to add on the side of a healthy protein source. They come out like an excellent hybrid of pancake and omelette. Nutritious and filling!
Fennel and Feta Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Ketogenic)
- Mix the spinach, fennel, parsley, onion, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Follow the directions for Coconut Flour Pancakes. Add 1 extra egg to this recipe.
- Fold the spinach and herbs into the pancake batter.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and mix to combine.
- Warm butter over medium heat in a skillet. Wait to add the batter until the pan is really hot. Place a spoonful of batter in the hot oil and cook the first side until air bubbles appear and pop. Flip and cook the second side until golden brown.
- Serve warm.