Serve yourself a simple keto breakfast casserole and your body will be satisfied from the fats and protein for hours!
Make it once and this keto breakfast casserole will last for multiple meals. It’s great in the morning for breakfast or brunch…and lunch…and dinner. There’s no shame in having it in the am and then again cold for dinner! I’ve been there – good food is good food any time of the day.
Recipe prep is pretty basic, brown the meat with onions, whisk the eggs, add the cheese and combine everything in a big casserole dish or glass baking dish to go in the oven.
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This most may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
An Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
We are wary of cookie-cutter approaches to health and wellness and don’t recommend a one-size-fits-all approach. The popularity of IF is one example that misleads a lot of people. Time restricted feeding can be good for some but is not recommended for everyone. Learn if IF is right for you or not here.
We see a significant amount of our clients benefit after breaking the night time fast with a meal within one hour of waking. Busy chaotic mornings are never fun and prepping a breakfast meal shouldn’t add any stress to the situation, after all we are on a low-carb, keto diet to make our lives simpler and better – not more complicated! For some, eating the previous night’s dinner works well, others like to prep dishes like this keto breakfast casserole and have it a few days in a row. Eating consistent meals is a great key to fat loss and body composition success!
More easy keto breakfast recipes:
- Cheesy Keto Casserole
- Keto Omelettes
- Easy Keto Frittata
- Fried Cabbage and Sausage Skillet
- Burgers with Onion Pan Sauce
- Egg Cup Muffins
Quality Ingredients Delivered
We are fortunate to work with various companies that specialize in organic, grass-fed and free-ranged products. US Wellness has grass-fed butter, raw milk cheese and organic sausages all needed for this recipe. They are also a great resource for organ meats and bones! Do visit them if you don’t have any local options available to you. Purchasing with the affiliate links provided here gives us a small credit, at no extra cost to you, for referring customers. All affiliate income is recycled back into the Primal Edge Health blog and ongoing projects as we continue to grow and expand our content. If you are interested in other brands we recommend, you can view the complete resource list here.
Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter <-- available here
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms or other culinary choice
- 1 pound chicken sausage <-- a free-range and organic choice
- 10 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded raw milk cheese <-- shopping suggestion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, continue cooking for 5 more minutes. Push mushroom onion mixture over to the side of the pan and squeeze the sausage from its casing into the same pan. Break sausage into smaller pieces with a spatula and brown evenly, 5 to 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Then mix in with the onions.
- While the sausage cook, whisk 10 eggs in a bowl. Add in cheese.
- Transfer meat to am 8x8-inch baking dish. Spread out evenly. Pour the eggs over the meat. Prick the meat a few times with a fork so the egg can settle in.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Serve warm.