Serve this spicy, cheesy omelette infused with anti-inflammatory benefits for breakfast or lunch.
Add an avocado if you want additional fats and fiber.
A side of Homemade Sauerkraut will complement this dish nicely as well.
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This most may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
This omelette is stuffed with goodness!
I don’t usually like the term “goodness” to describe food but this is a special exception. The combination of turmeric root and black pepper brings a subtle spiciness and welcomed medicinal benefits. Add in the mushrooms and spinach and you get micronutrients, fiber and delicious flavor all in one bite. The creamy goat cheese tops the omelette off and makes a complete, well-rounded meal for any time of the day.
I’m almost overwhelmed with out turmeric harvest this year. We planted the rhizomes a while back and they have miraculously multiplied underground. I have a big basket of fresh ginger and turmeric root sitting on my counter. These two have been going into all most all of my recipes lately!
Check out these other Ketogenic Omelettes
Check out the following resources to find delicious ketogenic breakfast recipes:
- The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook
- How to make a Ketogenic Omelette
- Three Cheese Omelette
- Beef and Broccoli Omelette
- Mexican Omelette
- Blueberry and Sweet Cream Omelette
- Snickerdoodle Omelette
Turmeric Omelette with Spinach and Goat Cheese
- Warm the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turmeric root and black pepper to the oil, stir twice and simmer for 1 minute to infuse.
- Add the mushrooms, spinach, thyme and salt. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked and spinach wilted. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Pour whisked eggs on the skillet, swirl the pan so the eggs are evenly distributed and they cook in a circle. Leave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the veggie saute on one half of the circle. Top with crumbled cheese. Fold over in half once the eggs are set. Serve warm