Frittatas are a family favorite – eggs, veggies and cheese wrapped up in one dish.
Serve them warm for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and you’ll be sitting down to an easy keto frittata before you know it!
In my early days of keto, many of my frittatas were delicious, but end up too eggy and failed to make me full. Essentially, they were just pieces of fluffy eggy air.
I’ve since learned to approach frittatas like ketogenic omlettes – stuff them full of your favorite fillings!
The secret key, is to add double the amount of filling you would add to an omelette. Really put the fill in filling!
Let me show you my favorite recipes for FREE!
Sign up to get my new recipe ebook
This most may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
Frittatas work best when they are loaded with mushrooms, greens, and cheese, or bell peppers, olives and spinach, or sausage, cream cheese and herbs.
This easy keto frittata recipe was developed to showcase the best that fritatas have to offer.
Mixing eggs with cream, cheese and mushrooms makes a very filling dish! Each serving of this easy keto frittata has about 30 g fat and 26 g protein. You can add a half of an avocado or a dollop of sour cream on top if you want additional fats. If you want more protein, have a second serving or add a hard-boiled egg or two on the side. We keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge, on hand to easily add into any meal. Our children also like hard-boiled eggs. I make bulk batches of about 30 eggs at a time.
Swiss Chard, Feta and Mushroom Frittata
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a medium bowl. Add the salt. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in butter with garlic, thyme and black pepper until soft, about 7 minutes, in a skillet.
- Rinse the Swiss chard and add to the pan to wilt. Stir around for 1 minute.
- Transfer the sauteed veggies to an 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Add a layer of cheese, sprinkle it on evenly across the dish. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. Gently tilt the dish around to allow the eggs settle evenly.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Wait for the edges to brown and the center to set.
- Turn the top crispy and brown by cooking the frittata under the broiler for the last two minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes then slice and serve. Save your leftovers for lunch the next day!