Cozy up with the family and share a keto sweet bread flavored with warming spices and maple sweetness by the fire. As the seasons change, there are many easy keto recipes to keep you inspired and on track with your keto goals.
The addition of this ingredient give a unique composition to foods, making them slightly chewy. The gelatin also retains moisture well which helps guard against over baking and dry, crumbly baking fails.
After pulling out yet another successful batch of grass-fed beef gelatin infused, chocolate chunk almond flour cookies from the oven made me think… what if this recipe was baked in a bread tin?
I returned to the kitchen, made some adjustments on the flavor theme annnnd… get to share the success with you!
This post may contain affiliate links; we may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) on orders made after clicking our referral links. All thoughts and opinions are our own and we never promote something we wouldn’t use ourselves.
For making delicate designs and criss-cross patterns, nothing works better than Dairy-Free Keto Icing. Plus, there are only 3 ingredients!
In truth, this loaf isn’t missing a thing. Spreading a sugar-free frosting will add an amazingly creamy mouthfeel. It also brings a nice charm for nonketo dieters and looks oh-so eye catching!
Gut Lovin’ Gelatin
I love the texture of this bread, it feels GOOD as I digest.
Gelatin has numerous benefits that are appreciated by all systems through-out the body.
- Full of amino acids; glycine, proline, and arginine
- A digestive aid
- Broth normalizes hydrochloric acid in the stomach and “lines the mucous membrane of the intestinal tract and guards against further injurious action on the part of the ingesta” 1.
- Gelatin assists in the digestion of nutrients and is soothing for those with uncomfortable symptoms of food sensitivity.
- Strengthens bone health 2
- Reduces the pain of osteoarthritis 3
- Used to treat diabetes for over 100 years 4
I (heart eyes) the texture – it is the BEST after chilling in the fridge overnight. The cold temp and time sets up a slightly gummy, smooth and cream keto loaf.
Sweetening Ketogenic Gingerbread
I use LAKANTO monkfruit sweeteners because they are excellent, quick and convenient ways to sweeten keto foods. This recipe features a maple flavored syrup and “brown sugar” crystals that lends a caramel sweetness, pairing well with the cinnamon and ginger.
I love the formulation of the LAKANTO products because there is never a bitter aftertaste! My family never liked stevia sweetened recipes much, so for us this is the best alternative! The Monkfruit Sweetener is a great alternative for those who are sensitive to erythritol/sugar alcohols or any other artificial sweeteners.
Recommend: Listen to the Podcast with Kevin from LAKANTO here.
In this podcast, I learned all about the way LAKANTO is made and the specific attention to quality taken by the company. I’m so appreciative to be able to link up with a company that hold such high levels of integrity and provides such a useful product to those interested in cutting out the sugar from their diet.
You can save 20% on an order of Lakanto products with our coupon code: primaledgehealth
Simply enter “primaledgehealth” on the checkout page and you get 20% off your order!
LAKANTO Monkfruit Sweetener is
- ZERO GLYCEMIC – Lakanto Sweetener will not increase blood sugar
- Zero Calories – With no sugar or added artificial flavoring
- USEFUL – Flavor your coffee, chocolates, and keto baked goods
- EASY- Convenient for on-the-go everyday use
- Non-GMO Verified Monk Fruit
- DELICIOUS with no bitter aftertaste
I use Lakanto exclusively, but if you can’t get it delivered to your area or it doesn’t agree with you, use plain erythritol or stevia drops instead.
Ketogenic Gingerbread Loaf | with Grass-fed Gelatin
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar-free maple syrup
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Keto sugar substitute save 20% off with coupon code PRIMALEDGEHEALTH
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed beef gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl, add zucchini, butter and maple. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Reserve the nuts.
- Blend the wet bowl with the dry bowl in a food processor. Add the nuts and continue blending until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, try a blender. When the nuts are well blended, the bread gets a very creamy texture. If you like chunks or want a crunchy texture, you can finely chop the nuts with a knife and add them to the batter in pieces.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan or 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and firm to touch.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan. This bread is best after it has sat in the fridge for a bit, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Love Keto Baking?
It’s easy once you learn what ingredients to use and know how to adapt your techniques to low-carb recipes. Use my low-carb baking guide to prepare for the holidays, appease cookie cravings with healthy, ketogenic recipes, and serve oven-fresh baked goods the whole family can enjoy.