These chewy keto chocolate chip cookies are the perfect low-carb treat for your sweet cravings. Made with almond flour, sugar-free sweetener, and plenty of dark chocolate, they’re a delightful balance of chewy and chocolatey.
The secret is in the gelatin powder, giving them that satisfying texture. Just whip up the dough, drop spoonfuls on a baking sheet, and bake into irresistible keto-friendly cookies. You won’t believe how good they are, and they’re guilt-free too!
These cookies are perfect for school, playdates, and family gatherings, offering a tasty treat that nobody will suspect is sugar-free and low-carb or filled with hidden healthy ingredients.
In fact, one reader shared that these cookies completely replaced the craving for Oreos in their family. Her daughter declared she liked these even better than Oreos. Talk about a #momwin!
Table of Contents (click to view)
Why You’ll Love This Dish
So, what makes these low-carb chocolate chip cookies so special?
Let me break it down for you:
- Simple Ingredients: This recipe keeps it straightforward. We’re talking basic keto pantry goods: almond flour, sugar-free sweetener, and dark chocolate—easy to find and keto-friendly.
- Short Prep and Cooking Time: No need for long hours in the kitchen. These cookies are quick to prepare, perfect for when you’re short on time but crave a tasty treat.
- Amazing Flavors: Sweet, buttery, and full of chocolate, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your carb intake in check.
- Family-Friendly and Kid-Approved: These cookies aren’t just for keto enthusiasts; they’re great with the whole family. Even the kids can’t resist their chewy goodness.
- Easy-to-Follow Directions: The recipe comes with clear, easy-to-follow directions, ensuring that baking success is within everyone’s reach. No complicated techniques here – just delicious cookies in no time!
Ingredients You Need
Before you embark on your keto cookie adventure, let’s make sure you’ve got everything on hand.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Almond Flour: This low-carb flour is the base of our cookies. It adds a nutty flavor and chewy texture.
- Sugar-Free Sweetener: Opt for a keto-approved sweetener like erythritol. It provides the sweetness without the carbs.
- Gelatin Powder: The secret to the chewy texture! Gelatin powder adds that satisfying chewiness you crave.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Salt: A pinch of salt balances the sweetness and enhances the overall flavor.
- Egg: It binds the ingredients together and adds moisture.
- Butter: Go for unsalted butter, which adds a lovely richness to the cookies. Or make these dairy-free with coconut oil. Either way, soften it before using.
- Coconut Milk: A dairy-free liquid to get the right batter texture.
- Vanilla Extract: A dash of vanilla enhances the flavor profile.
- Zucchini: Shredded for texture and extra moisture.
- Cacao paste: This is my first choice because it’s minimally processed and not sweetened. However, you can substitute with sugar-free chocolate chips.
Optionally, chop up ¼ cup of walnuts or pecans and add them in the batter with the chocolate bits. The nuts lend a nice texture.
Now that you’ve sorted your ingredients, let’s move on to the fun part – making these delectable chewy keto cookies!
How to Make Chewy Chocolate CHip Cookies
Let’s keep things simple with a step-by-step guide to crafting your keto-friendly cookies:
- Preheat and Prepare: Start by preheating your oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sugar-free sweetener, gelatin powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to combine evenly.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine softened butter with the egg, coconut milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Form Cookie Dough: Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir until a cookie dough forms. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate.
- Scoop and Bake: Use a spoon or cookie scoop to portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake to Perfection: Pop those cookies in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Cool and Enjoy: Once done, let the cookies cool on a wire rack. They’ll firm up as they cool, so be patient. Then, enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here.
As an experiment, you can the cookies at different stages: hot from the oven, slightly cooled and completely cool. You’ll learn the difference and can decide how you like them best.
Like most keto cakes, breads and cookies, they are the best to eat once totally cooled. Otherwise, the texture may be more crumbly than you like.
Why not keep them in the refrigerator overnight and see how amazing they are the next day? Cookies for breakfast, anyone?
How to Store Keto Cookies
If you manage to resist devouring the entire batch in one go (trust me, it’s challenging), here’s how to store your chewy keto cookies:
- Airtight Container: Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Freezing: If you want to make a bigger batch or save some for later, these cookies freeze beautifully. Just place them in a freezer-safe container or resealable bag, separating layers with parchment paper. They’ll stay good for up to three months.
What to Serve With Keto COokies
Cookies are fantastic on their own, but here are a few ideas to take your enjoyment up a notch:
- Keto-Friendly Ice Cream: Create a delicious ice cream sandwich by sandwiching a scoop of your favorite keto-friendly ice cream between two cookies.
- Coffee or Tea: Enjoy them as a delightful accompaniment to your morning latte or keto tea.
- Almond Milk: Dip your cookies in unsweetened almond milk for a classic and comforting combo.
Chewy sugar-free chocolate chip cookies are a keto dessert dream come true.
They offer all the satisfaction of a traditional chocolate chip cookie while keeping your carb intake in check.
With simple ingredients and easy preparation, you can enjoy these chewy delights whenever your sweet tooth calls.
So, go ahead, bake a batch, and savor the guilt-free goodness!
Do you love baking easy recipes?
I highly recommend The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking for all you need to know about sugar-free, keto sweet and savory baked goods!
More Delicious Chocolate Keto Treats
- Flourless Brownies
- Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cups
- Keto Chocolate Cake with Coconut Flour
- Keto Avocado Chocolate Mousse
If you make this recipe, please leave a review. I appreciate each 5-star rating and review comment!
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies with Gelatin
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup Keto sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed beef gelatin
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup zucchini shredded
- ½ cup raw cacao paste chopped
- Start by preheating your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sugar-free sweetener, gelatin powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to combine evenly.1 ½ cup almond flour, ½ cup Keto sugar substitute, 1 tablespoon grass-fed beef gelatin, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a separate bowl, combine softened butter with the egg, coconut milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.¼ cup butter, 1 whole egg, 2 tablespoons coconut milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir until a cookie dough forms. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate.¾ cup zucchini, ½ cup raw cacao paste
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.