Enjoy a rich and creamy ketogenic fudge textured with crunchy walnut pieces the next time you’re feeling like something sweet and chocolately.
Cacao paste is the chocolate base of choice in this sugar-free fudge recipe. It is called “paste” but comes in little bricks or pieces like unsweetened bakers chocolate.
Cacao paste is 100% cacao, made entirely from the cacao bean that has been pressed into a mold. It includes a natural mixture of both the cacao powder and cacao butter.
I make chocolate two ways.
- With cacao paste (see recipe below)
- With a mixture of cacao powder and cacao butter (see Sugar-Free Chocolate Bites with Reishi and Shilajit and Nutrient-Dense Low-Carb Mint Chocolate Bar)
Each technique serves its purpose. Cacao paste is easy to work with and very straight forward, just melt it down and add whatever flavorings you like. Using butter and powder as separate ingredients gives you greater control over the ratio of chocolate flavor to fat. If you prefer a very dark, rich chocolate, you may prefer to use the individual materials.
Looking for more ketogenic chocolate recipes?
We provide a number of chocolate recipes in The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook. High-quality and organic artisan cacao ingredients will produce a superior flavor over mass-produced products (Hershey’s etc). Given the option, choose products coming from South America.
Complete recipes for the following are available in The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook:
- Raw Chocolate Energy Bar
- Chocolate Mousse
- Dark Keto Chocolate
- Chocolate Ginger Pecan Butter
- Double Chocolate Nutella
I know these 24 Keto Chocolate Recipes will be a hit with you too!
Lakanto is a great low-carb keto friendly sweetener. Its easy to make a simple chocolate bar with cacao paste and Lakanto!
Get a discount on your Lakanto order
Visit their website and apply the coupon code “primaledgehealth” and receive a discount on your purchase!
Chocolate Walnut Ketogenic Fudge
- Melt cacao in a small saucepan or double boiler over low heat.
- Once the cacao is melted, remove from heat and add in walnut butter. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk in Lakanto and cream. Stir in walnut pieces.
- After it’s cool, cut the fudge into pieces. To get the cuts smooth, dip the knife into water between slices. Store in the refrigerator, covered.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
Pin it for later: