Cabbage noodles are an excellent low-carb alternative to wheat and other high-carb grain-based noodles. They get a unique boost here with hidden liver! This is a great Asian-inspired keto meal for weekday meal prep. Nice and simple, satiating, and nutrient-dense.
This recipe is part of the keto ground beef stir fry recipes series.
To make them, run a sharp chefs knife through a green cabbage and stack up a mound of thin noodle-link strips or process large wedges with the small slicer blade of a food processor. These “noodles” can be easily adapted for a variety of recipes.
They are the feature in this Asian inspired ketogenic meal based on pan-fried cabbage noodles and ground beef with hidden liver.
Organ meats provide many health benefits and are very affordable foods. They are not to be missed!
Nobody needs super fancy, expensive ingredients or drawn out kitchen prep to create wholesome nutrient dense meals on a ketogenic diet. Build day to day meals around a source of protein (which has eyes or comes from a shell), add in low-carb veggies that you enjoy and use fats for fuel. The amount of fat you choose to use will depend on your individual circumstance. Burn the fat on your body or the fat on your plate!
Yes! LIVER! Compared once for ounce, liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods on earth. We are BIG proponents of organ meats and nose to tail eating, so much so, I dedicated an entire section of my Ketogenic Cookbook to offal and odd bit recipes. In some ways, our journey to keto began with the introduction to organ meats. At the time (so many years ago!) we former vegans suffering from malnutrition, a sad story that is so common among the vegan community today. Organ meats were, and continue to be, an important cornerstone of our diet.
Asking your butcher to make a special blend of ground beef with ground liver is an easy way to introduce regular amounts of organ meats into your diet. Begin with 15-25% ground liver combined with 85-75% ground muscle meat. Once you have it prepped, the ground meat can be used in all the same ways as 100% ground beef – Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry, Meatza with Low-Carb Pie Crust, Burgers with Onion Pan Sauce and more.
Suggested Shopping: Order grass-fed liver here if you lack access to local sources
With a bit of practice and some know-how, you’ll soon be able to make low-carb swaps for all types of foods!
- Use my All-purpose Keto Bread for day to day bread needs
- Enjoy your favorite pasta sauce poured over Zoodles
- Wrap a burrito in a Low-Carb Tortilla
- Substitute Cauliflower Rice for any rice
- Serve Creamy Cauliflower Mash instead of the traditional mashed potato
You can even make your own sugar-free, gluten-free, and soy-free Keto Soy Sauce! I posted the recipe last week and have been having so much fun exploring it.
If you enjoy simple meals like this, I know you’ll love all my keto ground beef recipes!
Cabbage Noodles with Ground Beef | Hidden Liver
- 1 medium green cabbage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 inch fresh ginger root minced or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root minced or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pound ground beef (75% ground beef 25% ground beef liver)
- 3 tbsp Keto Soy Sauce <-- recipe here
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 part green onion thinly sliced, optional
- Core the green cabbage, process into thin noodles (use a sharp knife, food processor or spiralizer). Add to a hot frying pan with butter and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and turmeric roots. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add beef and/or liver. Cook for 5 minutes more, stir to brown evenly.
- Add sauce, sesame, parsley and salt. Mix well. Bring liquid to a simmer and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with optional green onion as garnish.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
This is one of many low-carb 30 minute meals you don’t want to miss!