For those who avoid dairy products, there is good news – almost all dairy products can be replaced with coconut based products! In this recipe, coconut milk takes the role that is traditionally filled by milk and perfects a dairy-free thin mint chocolate pudding.
Many people are step away from dairy based recipes for various reasons – lack of availability of high-quality raw unpasteurized products, contamination with antibiotics, the use of growth hormones in cattle, inhumane and environmentally destructive factory farming practices, and of course INTOLERANCE to dairy.
The process to make a dairy-free pudding is easy.
Begin by gently warming the coconut milk and cacao paste in a saucepan over low heat, continue until the paste melts.
Whisk all the other ingredients (except the gelatin) and continue heating until the “milk” thickens up.
Now remove the pot from the burner and whisk in the gelatin. Let your delicious dairy-free chocolate mixture sit to thicken for a few more minutes and then serve it warm or pop it in the fridge and leave it to chill.
Serve dairy-free chocolate pudding in individual bowls or fill a gluten-free, low-carb pie crust with this minty cream.
Be sure to try Keto Peppermint Patties too! They are delicious and dairy-free, with only 5 ingredients.
Get a discount on your Lakanto order
Visit their website and apply the coupon code “primaledgehealth” and receive a discount on your purchase!
Our Dairy-Free Thin Mint Chocolate Pudding is more than it appears!
More than just a sugar-free, ketogenic low-carb dessert (although, isn’t that already pretty awesome?), this rich dessert provides a variety of benefits in addition to tasting really really good.
- it is sugar-free and will not spike blood sugar
- it is rich and filling, all sweet/chocolate cravings will be satisfied
- the high fat content will support a positive hormone profile, nourish your brain, and boost metabolism
- coconut milk is rich in many vitamins, iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous
- cacao provides a healthy boost of energy, sharpening the mind and delivering antioxidents, magnesium, and polyphenols
- peppermint spirits is a digestive tonic, nourishing and invigorating the entire digestive tract
- gelatin is known to improve gut health, lower joint pain, improve skin, and improve cognitive function
Try my Keto Gelatin next time you want another delicious healthy dessert!
Ketogenic Thin Mint Chocolate Pudding
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 ounces raw cacao paste
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Keto sugar substitute or more depending on your personal taste, use code "primaledgehealth" for 20% off your order
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina optional
- 80 drops peppermint spirits one to two droppers full
- 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed beef gelatin
- Warm the coconut milk and cacao paste over low heat in a small saucepan, until the paste is melted.
- Add the cacao powder, Lakanto, vanilla, and spirulina to the milk and whisk to combine. Continue to warm over low heat until the mixture has slightly thickened. Keep it over the flame for about 10 minutes in total.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin.
- Leave to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Transfer to individual ramekins or bowls. Serve warm or place in the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition & Macros
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information.
More ketogenic chocolate recipes:
- Sugar-free Chocolate Bites with Reishi and Shilajit
- Nutrient Dense Low-Carb Mint Chocolate Bar
- In The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook there are 134 low-carb, keto, and paleo recipes, many of the desserts are chocolate based!