Collagen and elastin levels, which assist in keeping our skin looking healthy and firm, begin to decrease once we enter our thirties. Moisturizing with a Homemade Wrinkle Cream will help to keep your skin smooth and strong.
Stress is another huge factor that will create wrinkles. Anytime we’re over worked and overloaded, our skin cells have to work that much harder to complete their normal functions.
Using a natural wrinkle cream, free from harsh industrial chemicals and preservatives, soothes the epidermis, stimulates rejuvenation, and may help correct imperfections.
This time tested homemade wrinkle cream recipe is generously shared by Paige of Elder N Honey. Her online Etsy store has been selling quality tallow based skin care products for years. She is a master of making tallow balms!
Join the Journey!
Sign up to get Primal Edge Health news, videos and podcasts
This post may contain affiliate links. Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I never promote something I wouldn’t use myself.
Tallow is the best part
The solid, white, creamy fat known as tallow has been a staple in my home for years. I featured it heavily in The Carnivore Cookbook as a healthy (and super affordable) fat source. It is made from any ruminant and an excellent introduction in to nose to tail eating.
Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E & K, natural fatty acids and lipids are found in abundance in tallow. Tallow may be one of the very best ingredients for skin care. Beef tallow is highly compatible to our skin.
From Traditional Nourishing and Healing Skin Care by Andrew J. Gardner, Weston A. Price Foundation
“Our ancestors overwhelmingly used tallow for skin care. For example, a book of ‘recipes’ for all facets of life, written by Dr. A.W. Chase, MD in 1866, lists ten formulations of salve, eight of which contain tallow, in addition to other natural ingredients.
The healthy traditions of our ancestors were not haphazard but had a purpose that seems to have been rooted in their very being… We might even say that the ancestral wisdom on nutrition and health is more reliable than modern scientific studies, which are subject to manipulations and misinterpretations and can only look at one small piece of the puzzle at a time.”
Tallow is excellent for sensitive skin. It is known as a non-reactive, non-allergenic ingredient in DIY skin care for all types of skin. Elder N Honey has NEVER had a reported reaction to plain tallow in the 8+ years of selling their balms.
3 Steps for Homemade Wrinkle Cream + Essential Oil Choices
- Melt tallow
- Combine oils
- Blend tallow and oils
Store your Homemade Wrinkle Cream just like any other lotion. Any type of jar with a lid will work, as long as it is air-tight and clean.
The following oils are best to use in your wrinkle cream. Limit to 7-10 drops of essential oil, maximum, per 1 cup tallow.
- Rosemary EO – Anti-inflammatory
- Frankincense EO – Skin Cell Renewal
- Carrot Seed EO – Natural SPF
- Lavender EO – Reduces scars / anti-inflammatory
- Walnut Oil – Antimicrobial (soft oil)
ENTER TO WIN!
There will be THREE lucky winners of Elder N Honey’s Glow Cream. Will it be you?
You can also use coupon code PRIMALGLOW in the Elder N Honey etsy shop for 15% off any tallow lotion or creams!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Homemade Wrinkle Cream Tips & Tricks
- Each batch of tallow will be different, textures, colors & consistencies WILL vary. Each cow is a little different and so each batch of tallow with also be slightly different.
- A little goes A LONG WAY! It is easy to overdo it with tallow, start small and dab gently around your eyes and target skin areas
- Completely shelf stable, well rendered tallow will keep basically forever if well stored. Up to 2 years, easily without refrigeration
- Do NOT ADD WATER or anything containing water to these lotion recipes. Once water is added you’ll need to use some sort of preservative, but what a hassle and not necessary.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Pen or permanent marker
- Place desired amount of tallow in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the olive oil and essential oils together in a small, separate bowl. Pour over tallow.
- Begin mixing with an electric mixer until ingredients become fluffy.
- Store just like any other lotion in a clean air-tight vessel with cap.