20 Minute Shrimp Scampi
A quick and easy meal to make in less than 20 minutes for a low-carb, ketogenic lunch or dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter <-- try this one
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp <-- try this one, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock <-- try this one
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt <-- try this one, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini spiralized, (4 medium-sized)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Stir in zucchini noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
Serve immediately, warm. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Macros per serving: 7.8 g fat, 8.1 g carb, 5.6 g net carb. 24.2 g protein (without cheese)
8.6 g fat, 8.2 g carb, 5.7 g net carb, 25.3 g protein (with cheese)