20 Minute Shrimp Scampi
Prep this quick and easy dinner in 30 minutes or less! Zucchini noodles make this Shrimp Scampi low-carb and gluten-free. It's a light meal, packed with flavor.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini spiralized, (4 medium-sized)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Stir in zucchini noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
Serve immediately, warm. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 303mg | Sodium: 7985mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 703IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 4mg