Nutrient Dense Healthy Hot Chocolate
A delicious cup of nutrient dense homemade healthy hot chocolate will warm you up, nourish you body, and promote clarity of mind.
- 2 cups nut milk (almond, coconut, or hemp)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed beef collagen powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Keto sugar substitute (stevia or Lakanto for low-carb, honey for paleo/kid friendly)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric root powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder or chipotle powder
- raw cacao paste shaved, as topping
- whipped cream dairy or coconut, as topping
Warm the milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
Whisk in all ingredients until evenly combined.
Taste and adjust as needed.
Serve warm or blend briefly for 30 seconds in a blender or with an immersion blender to make frothy and then serve.