Coconut Flour Bread (gluten free, grain free, low carb, keto, + paleo)
Make Coconut Flour Bread with simple pantry staples. It is a great sandwich bread for low carb, keto, and paleo dieters. Plus, the recipe is dairy free too!
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in coconut oil and vinegar until crumbly and uniform.
Beat the eggs and egg whites in a separate bowl.
Gently fold the egg mixture into the first bowl. Wait a minute or so for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid and begin to thicken.
Grease a 9x5-inch bread loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean after inserting into the center.
Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before taking out of the pan. Run a knife around the edge to loosen the bread from the sides.
Variations to try:
- Gently press in sunflower and pumpkin seeds into the top before baking
- Use coconut oil infused with herbs (an idea from The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook)
- Mix 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 clove minced garlic, and 1/4 cup chopped olives into the batter
- Add 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes and 1 teaspoon thyme to the bread before baking
- If you like sweet bread, add 2 tablespoons of Lakanto (or another keto sweetener) with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg