Pacari means “nature” in Quechua, the indigenous language of the central Andes in South America. Made exclusively from Arriba Nacional beans, an ancestral strain of Ecuadorian cacao, our cacao products thrive in old growth cacao groves from the Guayas River Basin.
When you try Pacari cacao you are experiencing the highlights of what makes Ecuador so special – clean, organically grown food from small family farms.
Read more about the story behind Pacari here.
Cacao offers many nutritional and life enhancing benefits
Loaded with antioxidents (40 times the amount as blueberries), iron (the highest plant-based source of iron), magnesium, calcium, and selenium the fermented seed of the cacao fruit pod is a like a mini multivitamin. Cacao can also provide a boost in energy and has been known to elevate mood and relieve depression.
Cacao products are great sources of healthy fats and may mildly suppress appetite due to the function of MAO inhibitors.
Pacari Cacao Powder is…
- From heritage cacao trees, native to Ecuador (not GMO CCN-51 trees)
- Organic and biodynamically grown
- Sourced from small family farms, paid fair wages
- Fairly traded
- Demeter Biodynamic Certified
- A keto-friendly, low-carb ingredient to add to smoothies, cakes, cookies, homemade chocolate bars and even steak rubs
How to use Cacao Powder:
Replace low-end cocoa in any chocolaty recipe with equal proportions of high-quality cacao powder. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- Ketogenic Brownies
- Nutrient-Dense Health Hot Chocolate
- Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Bar
- Silky Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse
- Ketogenic Chocolates
- Ketogenic Chia Seed Puddings
There is a minimum of 5 pounds for international orders. Please contact us directly to arrange a shipping quote if you are interested.