Pacari means “nature” in Quechua, the indigenous language of the central Andes in South America. Made exclusively from Arriba Nacional beans, an ancestral strain of Ecuadorian cacao, our cacao products thrive in old growth cacao groves from the Guayas River Basin.
When you try Pacari cacao you are experiencing the highlights of what makes Ecuador so special – clean, organically grown food from small family farms.
Read more about the story behind Pacari here.
Cacao offers many nutritional and life enhancing benefits
Loaded with antioxidents (40 times the amount as blueberries), iron (the highest plant-based source of iron), magnesium, calcium, and selenium the fermented seed of the cacao fruit pod is a like a mini multivitamin. Cacao can also provide a boost in energy and has been known to elevate mood and relieve depression.
Cacao products are great sources of healthy fats and may mildly suppress appetite due to the function of MAO inhibitors.
Pacari Cacao Nibs are…
- From heritage cacao trees, native to Ecuador (not GMO CCN-51 trees)
- Organic and biodynamically grown
- Sourced from small family farms, paid fair wages
- Fairly traded
- Demeter Biodynamic Certified
- A keto-friendly, low-carb ingredient to mimic chocolate chips and add a crunchy texture to low-carb smoothies, keto flatbreads and homemade ketogenic chocolates
How to use Cacao Nibs:
Add cacao nibs to a recipe for a crunchy texture and chocolate flavor. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- No-Churn Keto Ice Cream
- 14 Ways to Use Cacao NIbs in Keto Desserts
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Ketogenic Brownies
- Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Bar
- Keto Trail Mix (The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook)
- Soft and Chewy Low-Carb Bar (The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook)
- Berry Ice Cream (The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook)
- Double Chocolate Nutella (The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook)
- Hemp Protein Bars (The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking)
- Chocolate Avocado Brownies (The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking)
- Dark Chocolate Cake (The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking)