Pacari means “nature” in Quechua, the indigenous language of the central Andes in South America. Made exclusively from Arriba Nacional beans, an ancestral strain of Ecuadorian cacao, our cacao products thrive in old growth cacao groves from the Guayas River Basin.
When you try Pacari cacao you are experiencing the highlights of what makes Ecuador so special – clean, organically grown food from small family farms.
Read more about the story behind Pacari here.
Cacao offers many nutritional and life enhancing benefits
Loaded with antioxidents (40 times the amount as blueberries), iron (the highest plant-based source of iron), magnesium, calcium, and selenium the fermented seed of the cacao fruit pod is a like a mini multivitamin. Cacao can also provide a boost in energy and has been known to elevate mood and relieve depression.
Cacao products are great sources of healthy fats and may mildly suppress appetite due to the function of MAO inhibitors.
Pacari Cacao Butter is…
- From heritage cacao trees, native to Ecuador (not GMO CCN-51 trees)
- Organic and biodynamically grown
- Sourced from small family farms, paid fair wages
- Fairly traded
- Demeter Biodynamic Certified
- A keto-friendly, low-carb ingredient to add to homemade chocolates, cakes, pie crusts and homemade skin care lotions, balms and butters
How to use Cacao Butter:
Use cacao butter as a source of healthy fats in a variety of recipes. You can replace butter and coconut oil in baked goods with cacao butter. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- 10 Cacao Butter Recipes for a Keto Diet
- Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Bar
- Walnut Cardamom Sugar-Free White Chocolates
- Brazil Nut Ketogenic White Chocolate
- Sugar-free Chocolate Bites
- Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake (The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking)
- Chocolate Pie Crust (The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Baking)