Quality wild-caught canned fish can be a great quick and easy protein source for those on a ketogenic diet (or any diet!). It is a compact source of vital nutrition, easy to pack in a lunch, and can be purchased in bulk, and conveniently stored for a long period of time. This quick and easy keto recipe mixes salmon with fresh summer squash cooked in coconut oil. Once cooked, the summer squash is soft and succulent. Garam masala and coriander seed provide a robust, flavorful accent to the meal that is sweetened with a cilantro leaf garnish.
Wild Planet’s canned wild-caught Alaskan salmon is a great pantry staple to have on your shelves. Maintaining a stock of canned fish makes formulating quick and easy keto meals very simple. Salmon is a fish with one of the best nutrient profiles. It is rich in protein, DHA, and Omega 3 fatty acids. We recommend this brand of salmon because it is sustainably caught in Alaskan waters and packaged by a company that supports the conversation of natural marine ecosystems. Wild Planet’s canned salmon comes in pop-top BPA free tins which makes them ultra convenient to pack into a lunch or bring traveling. You will not need a can opener, just pop the seal and peal back to open.
For more information on their sustainability and fishing practices, products, and recipes, go to their website.
Want less or more protein?
- use 1/3 can of salmon for 17g total protein or a whole can for 41.7g protein
- add a few eggs on the side for extra protein and fat
Want additional fats?
- increase the amount of coconut oil used
- add extra botija olives
- drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil
- serve with a sliced avocado
Read More from the “Quick and Easy Keto Recipe” Series
- Creamy Avocado Bone Broth Soup with Turmeric and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Quick and Easy Egg Drop Soup
- The Quickest Nutrient Dense Keto Meal Ever