Many people are step away from dairy based recipes for various reasons -lack of availability of high-quality raw unpasteurized products, contamination with antibiotics, the use of growth hormones in cattle, inhumane and environmentally destructive factory farming practices, and of course INTOLERANCE to dairy. For those who avoid dairy products, there is good news – almost all dairy products can be replaced with coconut based products! In this recipe, coconut milk takes the role that is traditionally filled by milk and perfects a dairy-free thin mint chocolate pudding.
The process to make a dairy-free pudding is easy. Begin by gently warming the coconut milk and cacao paste in a saucepan over low heat, continue until the paste melts. Whisk all the other ingredients (except the gelatin) and continue heating until the “milk” thickens up. Now remove the pot from the burner and whisk in the gelatin. Let your delicious dairy-free chocolate mixture sit to thicken for a few more minutes and then serve it warm or pop it in the fridge and leave it to chill.
Serve dairy-free chocolate pudding in individual bowls or fill a gluten-free, low-carb pie crust with this minty cream.
Our Dairy-Free Thin Mint Chocolate Pudding is more than it appears!
More than just a sugar-free, ketogenic low-carb dessert (although, isn’t that already pretty awesome?), this rich dessert provides a variety of benefits in addition to tasting really really good.
- it is sugar-free and will not spike blood sugar
- it is rich and filling, all sweet/chocolate cravings will be satisfied
- the high fat content will support a positive hormone profile, nourish your brain, and boost metabolism
- coconut milk is rich in many vitamins, iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous
- cacao provides a healthy boost of energy, sharpening the mind and delivering antioxidents, magnesium, and polyphenols
- peppermint spirits is a digestive tonic, nourishing and invigorating the entire digestive tract
- gelatin is known to improve gut health, lower joint pain, improve skin, and improve cognitive function
More ketogenic chocolate recipes:
- Sugar-free Chocolate Bites with Reishi and Shilajit
- Nutrient Dense Low-Carb Mint Chocolate Bar
- In The Ketogenic Edge Cookbook there are 134 low-carb, keto, and paleo recipes, many of the desserts are chocolate based!